Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2017 WC mPV: Sam Kendricks (US) 19-6¼ (5.95)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2017 WC mPV: Sam Kendricks (US) 19-6¼ (5.95)

T&FN formchart, with PRs

1. Sam Kendricks (USA) 6.00 | 19-8¼ (’17)
    2. Piotr Lisek (Poland) 6.00 | 19-8¼ (’17)
    3. Renaud Lavillenie (France) 6.16 | 20-2½ (’14)
    4. Paweł Wojciechowski (Poland) 5.93 | 19-5½ (’17)
    5. Raphael Holzdeppe (Germany) 5.94 | 19-5¾ (’15)
    6. Mondo Duplantis (Sweden) 5.90 | 19-4¼ (’17)
    7. Shawn Barber (Canada) 6.00 | 19-8¼(A) (’16)
    8. Jan Kudlička (Czech Republic) 5.83 | 19-1½ (’16)
    9. Konstadínos Filippídis (Greece) 5.91 | 19-4¾ (’15)
    (Filippidís not in meet)
    10. 10. Kévin Menaldo (France) 5.83 | 19-1½ (’17)
    Last edited by gh; 08-08-2017, 09:03 PM.

As usual, much attention will be on the 'Swede'. If he jumps 5.70, which I kinda expect him to, it will be yet another PHENOMENAL performance by the wunderkind. Sixth sounds about right.

Comment

looking at extremes, what is the more likely outcome for Duplantis, not making it out of Q or winning a medal?

(the most likely being he makes the final and doesn't medal)

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        As usual, much attention will be on the 'Swede'. If he jumps 5.70, which I kinda expect him to, it will be yet another PHENOMENAL performance by the wunderkind. Sixth sounds about right.
        The relative absurdity of what follows is well understood. It appears that Mr. Duplants tends to peak early in the year. Frequently indoors(not this year) so I expect you are right that he will be well below his best at about 5.60-5.70.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          looking at extremes, what is the more likely outcome for Duplantis, not making it out of Q or winning a medal?

(the most likely being he makes the final and doesn't medal)
          I vote for not making it out of Q.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
            I vote for not making it out of Q.
            I'll go the opposite. I don't think he'll jump super high, but he has shown himself to be very consistent. If third place is 5.70, which is not out of the question, he could medal.

Comment

I'll go the opposite. I don't think he'll jump super high, but he has shown himself to be very consistent. If third place is 5.70, which is not out of the question, he could medal.
              Unless conditions are really bad, 570 will not be close to the medals. If you meant 580, I'd agree with the assessment though.

Comment

The only time 5.70 has ever medaled in the WC is the ugly-conditions Helsinki meets of '83 and '05.

Comment

I think the formchart is probably pretty good. I see Duplantis making it to the finals but no where near the medal stand. 5.70 feels about right.

Next year, he will come back with 6.05.

Comment

The only time 5.70 has ever medaled in the WC is the ugly-conditions Helsinki meets of '83 and '05.
                    And in '83, the overall standard wasn't what it is today. The WR at the time was 5.81.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

If Mondo makes the final, he will be the youngest man ever to do so at the World Championships vault.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                        If Mondo makes the final, he will be the youngest man ever to do so at the World Championships vault.
                        I would guess the odds are better than 50-50 that he will.

Comment

And I'm voting London the city most likely to replicate Helsinki's weather... it's virtually Nordic...

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
                            And I'm voting London the city most likely to replicate Helsinki's weather... it's virtually Nordic...
                            The Vikings seemed attracted to it.

Comment

Will RL ever get a WC Gold medal?

Comment

Working...
                              X