Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Maybe not in the 400 or 400H, but if I'm not mistaken, they had a finalist in the 1995 World Champs 200; Geir Moen, who won the 1994 Euro 200 and 1995 World Indoor 200.
    There's been Norwegian track success (Ndure ran 19.95 for 4th in the 200m in 2011 also, while Rojdal won OG gold and WC bronze in the 800m). But the point was that this specific distance on flat and over sticks has been barren terrain.

Comment

• Clement quotes from USATF:

Kerron Clement: “I’m going to be honest. I’m very disappointed. I used my non-dominant leg off the last hurdle and that really cost me the gold medal. That’s the honest truth. If I’d kept my same leg off the last hurdle, I’d have gotten the gold medal. But me switching legs, I didn’t have momentum over the last hurdle. That’s the reason I have the bronze medal. (On why he did that) The leg just came up, I don’t know. In the semifinal, I had a perfect run. I was in the same position, I think fourth place going over the last hurdle. I used my surge to propel me to the finish line and to finish first in the semifinal. I had that same mindset coming into the finals. Regardless of which place I was, if I’d just had a good surge off the last hurdle I’d have gotten the gold medal. But I switched legs and that really cost me the gold medal.”

Comment

• Clement is consistently inconsistent . . . once again.
        Despite his talent, he is never a sure bet.

Comment

• Ill have to watch the race, but fatique causes many of these seemingly tactical or execution mistakes. That is true of all athletes, Clement included. If i look back , id say his big mistake was pushing that semi as hard as he did, if he had been content with 2nd or 3rd in that semi he really would have had a shot at gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by user4 View Post
            Ill have to watch the race, but fatique causes many of these seemingly tactical or execution mistakes. That is true of all athletes, Clement included. If i look back , id say his big mistake was pushing that semi as hard as he did, if he had been content with 2nd or 3rd in that semi he really would have had a shot at gold.
            If he was third he would have ended up in one of the 2 inside lanes and had very little chance in the finals. Hoping Van NieKerk proves me wrong in the 200m finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
              nice Munch imitaiton by Warholm!

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VGVUanqTyE

cute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Per Andersen View Post
                  With Clement - what Atticus warned about happened, hopeless over that last hurdle.
                  What I don't get is that he switched legs on that hurdle and stutter stepped, which leads me to believe that perhaps he could have gotten away going 13 steps over that hurdle.

Comment

• Originally posted by AS View Post
                    There's been Norwegian track success (Ndure ran 19.95 for 4th in the 200m in 2011 also, while Rojdal won OG gold and WC bronze in the 800m). But the point was that this specific distance on flat and over sticks has been barren terrain.
                    Thank you for helping me out here! I might not have been too clear. But I''l make another point about Norwegian T&F. It's either boom or bust. A couple of years ago: Rodal, Hattestad, Geir Moen, Steinar Hoen, Hanne Haugland followed by Thorkildsen. Then darkness. There is also Melbourne 1956. Norway sent 5 athletes and came home with 3 medals, one gold and 2 bronze.

Comment

Throws were his weak spot. It would be too much of a long shot.
                      In a strange parallel, isn't this exactly what Curtis Beach is trying to do?

Either way, I think a lot of you are being way too harsh on Warholm. Dude is a baby at the event, running on what certainly appears to be a slow-ish track, in terrible conditions. That 48.35 is worth a 47.5 in different conditions with a more seasoned athlete, in my view.

Comment

• Thanks for posting the Munch imitation!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by etuoyo View Post
                          If he was third he would have ended up in one of the 2 inside lanes and had very little chance in the finals. Hoping Van NieKerk proves me wrong in the 200m finals.
                          You mean just like Akii-Bua, or Angelo Taylor?
                          Although yesterday there was the added challenge of the inside lanes being wetter.
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Thanks for posting the Munch imitation!!!!!
                            You're welcome. Here's my source:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                              Clement is consistently inconsistent . . . once again.
                              Despite his talent, he is never a sure bet.
                              No one other than The Great One has been a sure bet in the 400h; this is especially true in the rain and cold.

Comment

• Though he did not make the final I think the 20 year old two time world under 20 champion might get a WC win before he reitres. Needs to work on his flat speed though. Was running 46.93 as a 16 yo. Official PB at 400 listed at 46.66 which can't be right. A decent hurdler as he holds the world u18 best of 12.96. His PB of 48.53 IMO should be far quicker. Just 20 so there is time to sort out his flaws.
                                why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X