Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Norway's old style uniforms, with the 3 stripes coming down at an angle across the body.
    Looks like something from the 1920s!

Comment

• Originally posted by Loggins View Post
      Clement also insisted that he would have taken the gold if he didnt make that mistake. But isnt that mistake just the thing you do if you are tired? if you dont have enough gas in the tank
      Exactly. He was tying up, there's no guarantee he would have caught Warholm if he hadn't had his stutter step problem.

The agony some are enduring because their hero lost to a Norwegian is hilarious. Considering the weather conditions Warholm's time is impressive. If Clement had won this thread would be stuffed with posts describing the unparalleled display of courage he displayed while overcoming the elements and a crack field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madd Marine View Post
        Exactly. He was tying up, there's no guarantee he would have caught Warholm if he hadn't had his stutter step problem.

The agony some are enduring because their hero lost to a Norwegian is hilarious. Considering the weather conditions Warholm's time is impressive. If Clement had won this thread would be stuffed with posts describing the unparalleled display of courage he displayed while overcoming the elements and a crack field.
        hyperbole be thy name

Comment

• Originally posted by Per Andersen View Post
          Sure, it's obvious. Over the last hurdle Clement is forced to lead with his left. Watch how he handles that! As awkward as he always was. He just never could alternate.
          How about his own explanation. He did not mean to do that "the left leg just came up" Amazing!
          Warholm is exactly 1.86 (shade over 6-1) He is just harmoniously built, so in isolation he might look shorter than he is.
          No Clement is not "forced" to lead with the left leg any more than fatigue and pressure and the stress of the race force him to do what he does. He is simply weaker than he thinks and is not as fit as he thinks and so he is forced to 2nd place. The idea that he is coasting to gold and somehow just does the wrong back of the envelop calculation on which leg to lead over hurdle 10 is laughable. He got beat by a better athlete today. I would not count out Clement, and it would not surprise me to see him bounce back and take a big win over Warholm later in a DL race.

As for this competition, I really have to double down on my analysis after the semi, that Clement should not have driven that semi final bluff as fast as he did. He took too much to do that and it came back to haunt him at 300m in the final. Father time is not someone you gamble against.

Who are you going to trust, Per Anderson, with nearly 60 years of top level track analysis to his name or a guy named user4 who slept at a holiday inn express last night!
          Last edited by user4; 08-12-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Warholm off to good 2018 start

45.88 Karsten WARHOLM Ulsteinvik (NOR) 27 JAN 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
              I think Warholm will run 47 sooner rather than later. 48.35 in cold rain beats Hemery's 48.12 at altitude for me & I'm British.

I think Warholm may be about to dominate as there is a lack of reasonably young opposition.
              You were absolutely correct on the first half of that last sentence, but became wildly wrong on the second half!

Comment

• 4 years on and people still haven't learned. Before every major event the majority of the posters predict a US runner to win, yet Warhom almost comes through in the end.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by Powell View Post
                  4 years on and people still haven't learned. Before every major event the majority of the posters predict a US runner to win, yet Warhom almost comes through in the end.
                  Say what?! KW was the overwhelming favorite and almost everyone knew it!
                  I felt that RB had the capability of running below KW's WR and he did.

Comment

• Crazy that even after this World title, Warholm got almost a full second faster in 2018, but was still only #4 in the world and could never beat Samba and only beat McMaster twice in their 5 races that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      Say what?! KW was the overwhelming favorite and almost everyone knew it!
                      I'm not talking about you specifically. Go back and look at the OT 400H and "Benjamin vs. Warholm, when?" threads. They are full of "Warholm is racing for silver" and "Benjamin has more upside" comments.

Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

I'm not talking about you specifically. Go back and look at the OT 400H and "Benjamin vs. Warholm, when?" threads. They are full of "Warholm is racing for silver" and "Benjamin has more upside" comments.
                        One can usually find what one is looking for!

Comment

I was curious and went and looked at those two threads. I found one person between the two threads saying that, and that was right after Benjamin ran 46.83 and Warholm hadn't opened his season yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X