Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clement will be on Lane 4, will see his biggest rivals Warholm and Copello all race on. Will it matter tho? I dont think he is in great form and i can see him missing even bronze

Comment

Originally posted by damiansport2 View Post
      Clement will be on Lane 4, will see his biggest rivals Warholm and Copello all race on. Will it matter tho? I dont think he is in great form and i can see him missing even bronze
      Only Clement can beat Clement. If he's feeling well, he can go all out, which tends to help his stride pattern, which means he MUST go fast. As long as he doesn't stutter, it's his for the winning.

Comment

Originally posted by damiansport2 View Post
        judging Clement's "form" based on prelims is a risky proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Only Clement can beat Clement. If he's feeling well, he can go all out, which tends to help his stride pattern, which means he MUST go fast. As long as he doesn't stutter, it's his for the winning.
          He is the best in the field. If he keeps his stride pattern he will win.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
            He is the best in the field. If he keeps his stride pattern he will win.
            agreed.... the only problem is that if you asked him going in what his stride pattern would be that's quite likely not what you'd get in the end result!

He's not quite as extreme as Batman in that regard, but he's still somewhat of a freelancer, no?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              agreed.... the only problem is that if you asked him going in what his stride pattern would be that's quite likely not what you'd get in the end result!

He's not quite as extreme as Batman in that regard, but he's still somewhat of a freelancer, no?
              Yes. He has to clear hurdles cleanly and that is the X Factor. His superior athleticism takes him only so far.

Comment

judging Clement's "form" based on prelims is a risky proposition.
                It's Clement's form in the prelims that makes me like his chances; but it's the hurdles, anything can happen, and Copello had an easier semi and got a good lane for the final.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                  Yes. He has to clear hurdles cleanly and that is the X Factor. His superior athleticism takes him only so far.
                  you mean as far as 2 OG golds and 2 WC golds? :-)

Comment

you mean as far as 2 OG golds and 2 WC golds? :-)
                    But his championship record has been somewhat mixed. In his last 3 WCs he went out in the semis, then finished 8th and 4th. It is hit-and-miss for him.

Warholm is the one who's been the most consistent this year. The question is whether he's got enough of an upside to challenge Clement and Copello if they run well.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Man, I don't even know who to pick. I guess I would go with KC because it's a championship final. Warholm was my initial pick but I'm see him going too hard and tightening up in the final 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
                        Man, I don't even know who to pick. I guess I would go with KC because it's a championship final. Warholm was my initial pick but I'm see him going too hard and tightening up in the final 100.
                        The wet track might play a role too in going on too fast

Comment

will the track get wet, or does the new expanded roof (since '12) pretty much keep it covered?

Comment

will the track get wet, or does the new expanded roof (since '12) pretty much keep it covered?
                            It looks like it keeps a lot of the bend (curve) dry. The straight appears to get no real shelter at all.

Comment

oh yeah, wet on the podium for the 400 VC.

suspect that means the same for the wLJ on the other side of teh track

Comment

This race is going to be mess in this weather

Comment

Working...
                                X