Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on Ryan Bailey

Seems that Mr. Bailey has now taken up Bobsledding but was given a 6 month ban there for doping
    Ryan Bailey received a backdated six-month doping ban that ended in July. The sprinter turned-bobsled athlete tested positive for a banned stimulant on Jan. 10 at a bobsled race.

Here's an article about this.

See this is why this is screwed up. If he's taking a supplement product that is legal and found in fitness stores then how exactly is that cheating?

I can understand if he was taking steroids but apparently he wasn't.

He was simply taking a product and probably didn't even know that it was in there.

And then he gets a 2 year ban over it? Makes zero sense to me.

It's not justified.

If the product is found on shelves in food supplement stores then the athlete shouldn't be held liable because he didn't intentionally want to cheat.

He didn't say to himself let's go out there and cheat to get faster.

This is straight up bull crap.

There has to be a solution to this problem?

Or am I just dealing with low intelligent people in this world everywhere I go ? Which one?

Comment

Professional athletes who are subject to PED enforcement programs have a responsibility to know what they're putting in their bodies and ignorance is no excuse in 2017. Did you know that androstenedione is an over-the-counter product not subject FDA regulation?

Comment

You're totally wrong about this. This is a product that any human can buy in any grocery store basically. There's just no way that any single human in the world can monitor every chemical in every single product.

Therefore since he didn't intentionally want to cheat and since there was no will to cheat then how exactly is he banned for 2 years?

He did not take steroids. If he intentionally took steroids then yeah I would totally be disrespecting him right now.

I give no steroid user on this planet any credit for anything that they have accomplished.. Anything accomplished on steroids doesn't count. Simple as that.

But seeing that he didn't take steroids and this is just some dumb chemical found in something that he unknowlingly took from a health store or supplement store then he's not at fault in my opinion.

This judgement against him is totally bull crap.

It's not his responsibility to monitor these products if they are available in food stores. There was no intent to cheat in my opinion.

And where are you reading that androstenedione is not banned over the counter?

Read this article. It is totally banned over the counter BY THE FDA.

I mean if you want to come on here and support this ban and then throw up false statements then you're in no position to be telling me anything at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_London_413 View Post
          [url]

He was simply taking a product and probably didn't even know that it was in there.
          Exactly. Which is the problem.

For him.

Comment

So you're all going to look at this as if it's as bad as steroids? Wow. That's funny.

Comment

But wait my bad. A 2 year ban for something that he didn't even knew he took. Yeah that makes perfect sense. Good job everyone. Perfectly justified.

Comment

But wait my bad. A 2 year ban for something that he didn't even knew he took. Yeah that makes perfect sense. Good job everyone. Perfectly justified.
                You're making some really good points. You should be his lawyer.

Comment

My point on what Bailey took is the hypocrisy of WADA and USADA to give a 2 year ban to an athlete for taking a drug that he did that was perfectly legal when he took it - IN PRACTICE which is would have been fine had he not turned around and competed a day later where this same product is now illegal. This is a trap that the doping agencies set so they can catch athletes not careful to suspend use in time or caught off guard to be at a meet where they didn't know or weren't made aware that testing was going to be conducted. That was the situation with Bailey's case.

Now what no one ever mentions is the number of marks made on world lists that were done using practice-only stimulants when testing at meets was not being conducted and these illegal aides gave a big boost. These big marks thus qualify athletes for better contracts and better performance bonuses in existing contracts. This is a long used abuse of the rule. At Bailey's hearing the drug expert from USADA couldn't provide a point in which an athlete should suspend taking a practice-only drug before a meet with testing, only offering speculation suggesting 2-4 days. He spoke of the dangers of some of the supplements that athletes are taking and should actually stay away from but USADA doesn't take this danger and the issues I note above and decide, you know these drugs should be banned 24/7. Many athletes use these practice only stimulants to hit higher top end speeds and race-like starts/drive phases that otherwise couldn't be as easily hit thus preparing the body for race-like situations which the case can be made helps an athlete reach their peak but it also is completely against the ethics of the ban on them in competition and shows no concern for the health of the athletes and again endangers them for using if tested at a competition.

Comment

It's not his responsibility to monitor these products if they are available in food stores. There was no intent to cheat in my opinion.
                    Every professional Olympic athlete knows that it IS their responsibility to monitor these things, and they get warned constantly about the risks of contaminated supplements.

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me. If this is found in everyday products then why is it banned?

How many other things that are banned are found in everyday products that anyone can buy?

Is there anything else?

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me.
                        In my best Jack Webb voice....that figures.

Comment

nothing but the facts, eh?

Comment

Could be a copper clapper caper

Comment

Working...
                            X