Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Makwala incident

Originally posted by Jonathan. View Post
    MJ reports that Makwala will still go on the start today and appeal with IAAF. This will be interesting.
    Interesting indeed ... but what a bizarre tragedy that it's an issue at all. Are there other medal contenders in other events similarly affected?

Looks like his accreditation has been revoked and is not allowed in stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
      Looks like his accreditation has been revoked and is not allowed in stadium
      Physically restrained from entering. Yikes

https://twitter.com/dsj_itv/status/894992727397601281
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
        Physically restrained from entering. Yikes

https://twitter.com/dsj_itv/status/894992727397601281
        This is not happening!!!
        Please somebody tell me this is not happening!

Comment

Ahye and another runner were quarantined and not allowed to the stadium to run their 200 Heats.

Comment

Wow.... This is just sad.....

Comment

wow

Comment

Nobody - especially any with medal chances - will be reporting to the doctor for the rest of these Championships...

Comment

Botswana manager saying all communications about this infection ruling to their team have come via media rather than the IAAF.

No IAAF information to management about quarantining these 'banned' athletes from other team members or team hotels or...

Comment

So basically this means in the future when an athlete gets sick they're just going to do everything they can to keep it secret and get no medical help? also if there is no medical testing how can they be sure he actually has norovirus?

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
                      Botswana manager saying all communications about this infection ruling to their team have come via media rather than the IAAF.

No IAAF information to management about quarantining these 'banned' athletes from other team members or team hotels or...
                      given that at least one of the security guys at least briefly (and not in a rough way) seems to put his hands on him, I guess nobody told them either!

Comment

This entire handling is horrible. I can't imagine how he feels he may literally never have an opportunity like this again. Next year is an off year before the next WC - Oly - WC cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by dinamo View Post
                          So basically this means in the future when an athlete gets sick they're just going to do everything they can to keep it secret and get no medical help? also if there is no medical testing how can they be sure he actually has norovirus?
                          I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing that if the symptoms caused them to diagnosis noro and it's something else, the something else is probably even worse and deserving of quarantine.

Comment

WTF? Does the IAAF really have the authority to physically keep someone out of the stadium?

Comment

As much as I would hate the scandal and disruption, Botswana should have engaged a lawyer and stopped the running of the 400m final tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X