Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened with Trayvon Bromell and Michael Norman jr?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened with Trayvon Bromell and Michael Norman jr?

Why Trayvon Bromell disappears from tv screens i didn t hear about him this year and what about Michael Norman?

Michael Norman had an amazing year as far as I remember...

Bromell Has been injured all year, tried to make the US worlds team, but didn't get out of the Heats at USA's.

Comment

Yeah hopefully Bromell will be back stronger than ever next year. Would love to see a 4x100 team of him Coleman, Noah Lyles, Ronnie Baker and a few of the other young sprinters we have coming up. Norman also had a very good year running the 200/400 for USC.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Jumper View Post
        what about Michael Norman?
        What about Michael Norman? He had an excellent year, winning his conference championship as a freshman, making the final in both the NCAA and USATF Nationals, and lowering his PR to 44.60. So what's your concern?

Comment

I wonder what happened to former 200 World Junior Champion Trentavis Friday.

Comment

Bromell had achilles surgery during last off season and was still said to be rehabbing about 6 weeks prior to USATF. Let's hope he gets back to full strength.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
              What about Michael Norman? He had an excellent year, winning his conference championship as a freshman, making the final in both the NCAA and USATF Nationals, and lowering his PR to 44.60. So what's your concern?
              Overall he PRed 4 times and produced 8 of his 10 fastest marks ever.

Comment

Oh, I didn t know that Normal progressed so well, hard work pays off

Comment

19 year old breaks 45 seconds in the 400m and folks are wondering what went wrong.....im reminded of Rodney Dangerfield, "tough crowd".

Comment

Norman had a season that was impressive but easy to miss because he sat out 6 weeks of the spring recovering from an indoor injury.
                    Still bounced back to win the PAC-12 400m, then ran 44.88 for 4th at NCAA finals and 44.60 in USATF semis.
                    He looked a little gassed finishing 7th in the USATF finals despite running 44.80.
                    Tough to be disappointed over a freshman season record like that.
                    Here is a local newspaper article summary:http://www.pe.com/2017/06/24/michael...championships/

Comment

Yep, and apparently you can't get tired over a season without people thinking you're a failure, or in the witness protection program.

I think time management is going to play a part in his future plan to go pro. I can see athletes doing one or two seasons at best in the NCAAs. Indoor, then outdoor, then Europe and international events is hard yakka
                      Last edited by mal; 08-26-2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beebee View Post
                        I wonder what happened to former 200 World Junior Champion Trentavis Friday.
                        That's what Ive been wondering since he left Florida State....

Comment

Originally posted by jc203 View Post
                          Norman had a season that was impressive but easy to miss because he sat out 6 weeks of the spring recovering from an indoor injury.
                          Still bounced back to win the PAC-12 400m, then ran 44.88 for 4th at NCAA finals and 44.60 in USATF semis.
                          He looked a little gassed finishing 7th in the USATF finals despite running 44.80.
                          Tough to be disappointed over a freshman season record like that.
                          Here is a local newspaper article summary:http://www.pe.com/2017/06/24/michael...championships/
                          Was thrilled to see his progression at season's end and talk with him about it. He's such a great and humble kid, personally, as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X