Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubka wired $45,000 to Balakhnichev in 2009...

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubka wired $45,000 to Balakhnichev in 2009...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/athletics...wired-dollars/

Bubka is claiming to have wired $45,000 to the now banned for life former IAAF treasurer in exchange for Balakhnichev's consulting services to expand his Pole Vault Stars meet to become a series of meets in Russia and worldwide.

That's so funny that they had all these big plans that no one else ever heard of!

The Guardian is reporting that Bubka is being investigated by the IAAF's Athletics Integrity Unit

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...a-balakhnichev

Comment

note that the original Telegraph link is no longer available.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
        note that the original Telegraph link is no longer available.
        Cached copy of original linked Telegraph story:
        http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Comment

I don't know what we should be more concerned about...the fact every single IAAF executive is corrupt or that they're not smart enough to use bagmen to run their bribes for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
            I don't know what we should be more concerned about...the fact every single IAAF executive is corrupt or that they're not smart enough to use bagmen to run their bribes for them.
            I think I am slightly more concerned about the lack of intelligence. If they were smarter, perhaps the sport would be in better shape. If the sport were in better shape, they could afford bigger bribes.
            Last edited by Dave; 09-21-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
              If they were smarter, perhaps the sport would be in better shape. If the sport were in etter shape, they could afford bigger bribes.
              When Sloane Stephens pocketed $3.7 million for winning the U.S. Open a couple of weeks ago, it really hit me how pathetic our sport had become.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                When Sloane Stephens pocketed $3.7 million for winning the U.S. Open a couple of weeks ago, it really hit me how pathetic our sport had become.
                The top diamond league winner pocketed $140k this year. Think about that for a few moments

Comment

IAAF vs FIFA in the Corruption Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol View Post
                    IAAF vs FIFA in the Corruption Bowl
                    FIFA wins on points (points assigned to the total dollars involved...).

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                      FIFA wins on points (points assigned to the total dollars involved...).
                      NCAA basketball says "hold my beer..."

Comment

Ukraines voluntarily looking out for Russians, these days........?
                        Last edited by einnod23; 10-06-2017, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X