Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Cheserek's next race?

If my memory is correct (now that I'm 72 it often isn't) Ed Cheserek hasn't raced since June with the back injury. Now that he is signed up as a pro does anyone know what his race plans are? You'd think he'd have raced a few times (probably road races, or specialty track races) ) since then.

Or is he just getting ready for track indoors and outdoors coming up?

He ran 5th Avenue Mile.

according to story we ran on the front page last summer he may have immigration issues now that he's through with school.

Comment

I don't see it having been posted on the front page here, but this past week he won the Sillicon Valley Turkey trot in 13:38.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I remember now that he ran the 5Th Avenue mile. The Silicon Valley race was interesting... Ches he beat Lawi Lalang by 20 seconds. And mentioned that he had been dealing with an injury from the 5th Avenue mile race.

Comment

Ches is entered in the Camel Elite meet.

Comment

I have no clue what date and time he will decide to further cause an increase of lactic acid build up in his body due to distance running.

I no longer follow distance running or anything over 60 meters.. Seeing that anything over 60 meters prohibits protein synthesis within the muscle fibers thus causing muscle to become weaker and smaller due to lactic acid buildup.

Anything over 60 meters is not interesting in my mind. This is why 100 meter dash runners are bigger than distance runners and why NFL players are bigger than them all.

NFL players are staying below the point of which lactic acid accumulates within the body and therefore they are not destroying their body from the inside out. Which is why they are bigger.

Doing sprints in short bursts with huge rest times is the most efficient way to train.

Such as doing 8 by 40 yard dashes.

Remember it's about quality not quantity.

quality over quantity.

Intensity level over quantity.

It doesn't matter how far you run. What matters is the intensity level.

Comment

Swell advice for a distance runner....

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_London_413 View Post
                I have no clue what date and time he will decide to further cause an increase of lactic acid build up in his body due to distance running.

I no longer follow distance running or anything over 60 meters.. Seeing that anything over 60 meters prohibits protein synthesis within the muscle fibers thus causing muscle to become weaker and smaller due to lactic acid buildup.

Anything over 60 meters is not interesting in my mind. This is why 100 meter dash runners are bigger than distance runners and why NFL players are bigger than them all.

NFL players are staying below the point of which lactic acid accumulates within the body and therefore they are not destroying their body from the inside out. Which is why they are bigger.

Doing sprints in short bursts with huge rest times is the most efficient way to train.

Such as doing 8 by 40 yard dashes.

Remember it's about quality not quantity.

quality over quantity.

Intensity level over quantity.

It doesn't matter how far you run. What matters is the intensity level.
                Phony baloney...distance runners have great endurance, sprinters have great speed...both have their appeal.
                Last edited by Cannon; 12-05-2017, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I don’t understand the ongoing fascination about Cheserek. While he had a stellar record within the confines of the NCAA he is now just another Kenyan who was 2017’s 83rd fastest in the world for 5000 (25th Kenyan). Doesn’t feature at all in the 10000.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                    I don’t understand the ongoing fascination about Cheserek. While he had a stellar record within the confines of the NCAA he is now just another Kenyan who was 2017’s 83rd fastest in the world for 5000 (25th Kenyan). Doesn’t feature at all in the 10000.
                    Time rarely mattered to Ches while at UO.
                    He ran for team points--and often doubled & tripled at big meets (Conference, NCAA).

But when he DID run fast, he broke the CR in the INdoor 1500 & Mile, ran the 2nd fastest 3000, and OUTdoors ran 13:18 (though losing to Justyn Knight).

His strategy was always sit-and-kick---often waiting till the last lap--or even last 200.

But because of his fierce kicks---made to look easy!---I've often said I thought he could be a sub-13 & sub-27 guy NOW!!

And now that he's a Pro, let's see if he changes his UO strategy.
                    He'll HAVE to, to survive on the Pro circuit!!

Comment

He won the Merrie Mile (road), part of the Honolulu Marathon weekend.
                      He ran 3:59, beating Will Leer (4:03) and Nick Willis (4:04).

it was a handicapped race (Women got head start!), and 1st Woman was Mirriam Cherop, followed by Aisha Paraught-Leer and Nicole Sifuentes.
                      Don't know their actual times, as the winner was given a 4:03!!
                      LOL

Comment

3:54.73 at ABQ's altitude this weekend is pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                          3:54.73 at ABQ's altitude this weekend is pretty good
                          I'd say so.

Comment

3:53.85 at Camel City for Eddie

Comment

This is what I think is the all-time world list for 200 meter flat tracks.

3:53.42 Frank O'Mara (IRL) Providence 2/1/87
                              3:53.85 Edward Cheserek (KEN) Winston-Salem 2/3/18
                              3:54.02 Matthew Centrowitz (USA) Winston-Salem 1/29/16
                              3:54.02 Dawit Wolde (ETH) Athlone 2/17/16
                              3:54.41 Noureddine Morceli (ALG) Fairfax 2/9/92
                              3:55.18 Alan Webb (USA) Madison 1/27/07
                              3:55.4 Niall O'Shaughnessy (IRL) Columbia 1/28/77
                              3:55.61 -- Morceli Fairfax 2/7/93
                              3:55.71 Jim Spivey (USA) Providence 2/1/87
                              3:56.25 Cory Leslie (USA) Winston-Salem 1/29/16

This is the place where I'll get corrections if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I am wrong. Athlone is a banked track so delete Wolde from the list. I missed a race in Fayetteville from their old 1980s flat track:
                              3:52.30 Frank O'Mara (IRL) Fayetteville 1/25/86
                              3:55.91 Doug Consiglio (CAN) Fayetteville 1/25/86
                              Last edited by AyZiggy; 02-04-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X