Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor Justin

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poor Justin

    Doesn't have much luck with coaches does he ?

    i deserve extra credit

  • #2
    IAAF need to get this cretin tossed out of the sport for good if it is to cling onto any credibility or any mass appeal.....I'm so sick of this guy for so many years now I've lost interest in men's sprinting

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Liuxuan_rol View Post
      IAAF need to get this cretin tossed out of the sport for good if it is to cling onto any credibility or any mass appeal.....I'm so sick of this guy for so many years now I've lost interest in men's sprinting
      Which one?

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm not a huge Gatlin fan but he'll definitely be guilty by association and get no benefit of the doubt due to his past, even though he likely had no clue what Mitchell was doing(talking big to get the "actor" to buy in).

        Hard to feel sorry for him though - sleep with dogs expect to get fleas.
        https://twitter.com/walnuthillstrak

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, I for one, am absolutely shocked by this. I never would have ever imagined in my life that someone who got faster in his mid-30s after being caught before would possibly have any "questionable associations."

          I feel bad for the USA relay runners. At least they can't lose much when we usually don't finish.

          Comment


          • #6
            I am embarrassed for the Telegraph. This report is nothing but innuendo, sensationalism and manipulating. There is absolutely nothing here in my opinion. I have been a journalist and writer for years and I saw exactly what the reporters were trying to do. They obtained no new information. They tried to position their subjects into making revealing statements. Dennis Mitchell said nothing wrong. The one guy who tried to act like he knew what he was talking about and that he had inside information was obviously full of crap. This whole thing is utter nonsense.

            Comment


            • #7
              Why did Gatlin fire Dennis Mitchell as his coach? Also, what other athletes are coached by Mitchell?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mr. Bowie View Post
                I am embarrassed for the Telegraph. This report is nothing but innuendo, sensationalism and manipulating. There is absolutely nothing here in my opinion. I have been a journalist and writer for years and I saw exactly what the reporters were trying to do. They obtained no new information. They tried to position their subjects into making revealing statements. Dennis Mitchell said nothing wrong. The one guy who tried to act like he knew what he was talking about and that he had inside information was obviously full of crap. This whole thing is utter nonsense.
                This. From what I’ve seen, Mitchell plays back what we know from BALCO onwards and nothing more with certainly nothing incriminating towards his athletes. Wagner seems eager to prove he knows what he’s doing but a bit of Google would have given anyone the same result. The photographs are likely from personal use of hgh which he demonstrates which may be more accepted in the US than the UK but I can’t really respond to that.

                I’m no Gatlin fan but this is pretty shoddy journalism.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The fact is that 90% of coaches or agents would tell someone where to go, if they tried to buy HGH or Steroids.

                  Why is it that JG has the misfortune to only be coaches by those who are happy to oblige ?
                  i deserve extra credit

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                    This. From what I’ve seen, Mitchell plays back what we know from BALCO onwards and nothing more with certainly nothing incriminating towards his athletes. Wagner seems eager to prove he knows what he’s doing but a bit of Google would have given anyone the same result. The photographs are likely from personal use of hgh which he demonstrates which may be more accepted in the US than the UK but I can’t really respond to that.

                    I’m no Gatlin fan but this is pretty shoddy journalism.
                    Sorry but Wagner knows EXACTLY what he's doing! He's been around for years and has represented many a cheat. He was rubbing his hands with glee, seeing the dollar signs when Germany re unified, and couldn't wait to get his hands on Krabbe et al. He managed to slither his way out of that one unscathed when Krabbe was caught, with his reputation in tact....or rather, because no one cared.

                    He is part of the problem. It's the agents and promoters that run our sport. They know exactly who is and who isn't doped. They turn a blind eye at best, are implicit at worst. It's only because this is a UK paper with a UK head of the IAAF that something might happen, but that's a small might. I'm quite sure Wagner will continue to be involved and continue to be crooked, and Coe will do what the papers have done and further vilify Gatlin rather than go after Wagner.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
                      Sorry but Wagner knows EXACTLY what he's doing! He's been around for years and has represented many a cheat. He was rubbing his hands with glee, seeing the dollar signs when Germany re unified, and couldn't wait to get his hands on Krabbe et al. He managed to slither his way out of that one unscathed when Krabbe was caught, with his reputation in tact....or rather, because no one cared.

                      He is part of the problem. It's the agents and promoters that run our sport. They know exactly who is and who isn't doped. They turn a blind eye at best, are implicit at worst. It's only because this is a UK paper with a UK head of the IAAF that something might happen, but that's a small might. I'm quite sure Wagner will continue to be involved and continue to be crooked, and Coe will do what the papers have done and further vilify Gatlin rather than go after Wagner.
                      Agreed he is part of the problem given the context that you've shared, but clearly not on that's all that savvy, hence my call on it all seeming a bit basic.

                      Wagner being exposed is great, using him to pin it on Gatlin is a push by association, hence the shoddy journalism, he's looking to close a deal for himself and he got sloppy.

                      Can't seem to find who else is coached by Mitchell?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Just read Gatlin's statement (front page)---and I believe him 100%!!
                        Guilt by association is not guilt!

                        It's disgusting how people are so quick to call him dirty when he's NOT!!
                        And those boos still reverberate from London---they were inhumane and unforgivable!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                          Can't seem to find who else is coached by Mitchell?
                          Not sure if this list was updated to include 2017 since there is no mention of Gatlin's world championship win, but here the roster from Star Athletics, Dennis Mitchell's club.



                          Aaron Brown-Canada
                          Alexis Love-USA
                          Isiah Young-USA
                          Jeff Demps-USA
                          Justin Gatlin-USA
                          Justin Walker-USA
                          Kaylin Whitney-USA
                          Murielle Ahoure'-Ivory
                          Trentavious Friday-USA

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            Just read Gatlin's statement (front page)---and I believe him 100%!!
                            Guilt by association is not guilt!

                            It's disgusting how people are so quick to call him dirty when he's NOT!!
                            And those boos still reverberate from London---they were inhumane and unforgivable!
                            Isn't he being tested so far up the wazoo (even today, long after the outdoor season is over), that since his return from his last suspension, not a single month has gone by without him being tested at least twice?

                            When was that operation conducted? Before or after the World Champs?

                            If his coaches and managers were doing dirty deeds behind his back and the backs of other athletes in the same camp, and directing people outside the camp where to get the good shit, then he can't be held responsible. However, if he himself was staying clean, while at the same time getting involved in telling others where to find the dirt, he will most likely keep his World Champs medals but still get suspended for life for aiding and abetting potential cheats.
                            Last edited by CookyMonzta; 12-19-2017, 04:48 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                              Just read Gatlin's statement (front page)---and I believe him 100%!!
                              Guilt by association is not guilt!

                              It's disgusting how people are so quick to call him dirty when he's NOT!!
                              And those boos still reverberate from London---they were inhumane and unforgivable!

                              I can think of a lot of things more inhumane than booing poor old wonderboy Gatlin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X