Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth Games on US TV?

I hope we'll be able to watch coverage of the Commonwealth Games on TV in the US, but I've been unable to find any information, and I'm hoping one of you might know!

with 127,000 channels now available on most cable systems, I wouldn't rule anything out completely, but when you consider how little domestic track makes it to U.S. systems, the thought of a meet with no Americans in it seems rather a forlorn hope.

Comment

I can't imagine who would show it though espn3 shows live test cricket ...so that might be a possibility.

Bein might have it....these days you just look around...however not everything is on...never found snooker live...but I've had great luck finding it on YouTube later in the day....like the recent UK championships were there....the Commonwealth games probably will be the same..
      Last edited by Conor Dary; 12-29-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Of course if you can get CBC the Canadians show them live.

Comment

And if you have a VPN you may also be able to watch via https://www.7plus.com.au/ (Australia) or the BBC

Comment

BBC..at least you won't have to listen to Brendan Foster anymore...

Comment

Anyways...unless it is necessary to see it live 10 to 1 it will be on YouTube shortly...by event.

Comment

See this wouldn't be a problem if you all would listen to me and make the 40 yard dash an olympic event. Why does it have to be set in stone that we do the 100 only? WHy? Only because they have been doing it for so long?

Millions of NFL fans would watch the olympics if the 40 was in it. Face the facts. The 40 yard dash is more popular than the 100 will ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_London_413 View Post
                  Millions of NFL fans would watch the olympics if the 40 was in it. Face the facts. The 40 yard dash is more popular than the 100 will ever be.
                  I don't on what evidence you can declare the 40y dash more popular than the 100m and I believe millions of NFL fans are already watching the sans 40y Olympics but, just curious, with the Olympics contested in meters, would you propose 40y or 40m?

Comment

Evidence? I think you are asking the wrong guy....

Comment

I am more interested in the whole logic of it. EPSN or some other US channel would broadcast the Commonwealth Games if the 40y were an Olympic event?

Comment

Logic?

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                          I am more interested in the whole logic of it. EPSN or some other US channel would broadcast the Commonwealth Games if the 40y were an Olympic event?
                          Absolutely.

Comment

Of course the fans of a game that takes about 3 hours would be more likely to watch a race that takes 4 and a half seconds than one that takes 10!

Comment

I guess it's possible some niche channel might broadcast the Comm Games in the US, but it's unlikely to be considered an event important enough to make announcements of the broadcast 3+ months in advance.
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X