Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No offense to Ken Stone...

of SignOnSanDiego, but he did say that the info would be coming from him first, and it's been over 40 minutes since his last post. Did his equipment die?

He also said he'd be doing behind the scenes stuff and interviews, and I'm not seeing any of that, yet.

C'mon Ken, what's the scoop. It's bad enough that the official site can't seem to get results up on time, and that the official timekeeping service apparently doesn't even have a link to their live scores...

Re: No offense to Ken Stone...

No offense taken! I'll sleep through the men's hammer prelims Saturday but be back atcha in the p.m. Also, don't forget to try a "force refresh" to make sure you're seeing the latest stuff. A force refresh is CTRL-ALT while holding down the refresh button of your browser. I also took some photos but haven't had time to post them on a SignOn gallery. Hang loose. U ain't seen nuthin yet!
    K E N

Comment

Now, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I really had to scratch my head when I read this:

Women's 100: Marion Jones, wearing all white togs and shoes, looked like a virgin in heat 1 -

What is up with that? It seemed very out of place and oddly disturbing.

No smart-aleck remarks, please (like I would do). Did that seem odd to anyone else?

Comment

satch thinks Marion looked stunning.

Comment

satch thinks Marion looked stunning.PLEASE BLOW ME A KISS.I luvs ya baby.

Comment

>No smart-aleck remarks, please
            >(like I would do). Did that seem odd to anyone else?

Nahhh. I think Ken was thinking about the song by Madonna, amidst all of the fanfare for Jones' appearance on the track.

Keep up the good work Ken. Some of us can live vicariously through you over the next week.

Comment

Hey, guys, Stone is at the trials lugging around a laptop and a camera and typing as he goes, to keep US informed. He is BLOGGING. Blogs are personal observations and if you don't like his point of view then you don't have to read it. The best we can hope for from this is that Ken is like a friend on a cell phone reporting every few minutes from Sac. Give the guy a break!

It seems disingenous to me to start a thread saying "No offense" and then tell the guy he sucks. Or to say "I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth" and then look a gift horse in the mouth. Personally, I thought the "like a virgin" comment was sort of amusing but then I, too, am a wise-ass.

Comment

OK, I retract the criticism for the reasons stated above. It WAS just me, sorry.

Comment

Ken, if you will, provide us with more background of what's going on.

Comment

Hey, I tend to agree that white-virgin-togs was over-the-top. In fact, the boss at home (the beloved wife) dressed me down for an Oreo cookie reference to the black-and-white 10K lead pack. So I deleted the comment. But I'm a big boy, so flame away! Criticize! Complain! Crucify me! But just keep that refresh button bopping!
                    K E N

Comment

wilco - thanx!

Comment

Working...
                      X