Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allathletics site closed down.

I went to check up on some yearly stats and noticed they shut the site down since the site owner is with iaaf. Why couldnt iaaf bought the site and kept it running? It was a very neat site and i like how they provided all the wind aided pbs and yearly sb. The iaaf site for me is only good for sb year by year. Anyone know of any other good track data sites in its place?

Tilastopaja has always been so much better! IMO anyway

Comment

I liked having both all-athletics and Tilastopaja, for different reasons. Now I think Tilastopaja is the best.

Comment

I may be optimistic, but to me the shutdown notice implied that the amount and scope of the data available on the IAAF site will grow to incorporate more detail from the vast all-athletics.com database.

The IAAF website is pretty well executed overall, and I figure that taking over All-Athletics was part of an effort to improve the statistics side of things. [I could be wrong; maybe all IAAF wants from All-Athletics is their ranking system, for the questionable initiative of using said rankings for championship qualifications].

I am a big fan of Mirko’s work at Tilastopaja, but All-Athletics has done some awesome stuff, like the event previews they did for the Diamond League meets.

Example: http://static.sportresult.com/sports...iographies.pdf

Comment

The IAAF has updated there site a bit to accomodate the take over of All-athletics.

This closing and the updates were discussed a bit here already:
          https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...New-IAAF-Lists

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
            Agreed a million percent!

Comment

I, too, have always preferred to use Tilastopaja.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                It is def a detailed site. Allathletics was visually appealing plus the fast click to relevqnt competitors was a fqvorite as well. Plus they updated their site swiftly.

Comment

In my view, the AllAthletics rating system is quite poor. Also, they shut the site down abruptly, with no notice. They offered me an $8 refund, which was a pro-rated amount of my subscription, but with funds-transfer fees deducted, then asked me to provide my bank info. No, thanks! F%^#(^)& you!
                  I used both sites a lot, for different views of the data.
                  Cheers,
                  Alan Shank
                  Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

That must be one hell of a contract they got with the IAAF if it allows them to shut down their main source of income.

Comment

Working...
                    X