Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV coverage

Definitely encouraging. Lots of everything. If that's it for the BALCO coverage, good. Let it go for now. The 10K fans should be very pleased. As a field event fan, I could have used a little more, but it was just qualifying. All in all, good show. I'll give it an A-, just to be encouraging. I'm psyched for the next week's worth.

Re: TV coverage

Us poor little people out here on the west coast get it in about an hour. Was there much coverage of the hept.? It would be a small miracle if it was.

Comment

>Us poor little people out here on the west coast get it in about an hour. Was
      >there much coverage of the hept.? It would be a small miracle if it was.

Yes. You'll see delays for the first three events, and "live" coverage of the 200.

This still ain't Eurosport, but some of the best US track coverage I've seen.
      "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

The hep coverage was above average, but not exceptional.

Tomorrow NBC has the coverage, so we will probably only get an interview with Fountain.

Comment

Boy, it sure helps with them not playing to a national audience. The coverage was very broad, probably the best that I have seen on US television.

Comment

10k-- bros.2, pales 1, race a snooze after BK had to drop out. Sounds like he'll run next year and not retire. CHICK 100 looks to be a hot one,lots of talent ; Williams a pocket rocket!

Comment

Hey, satch, maybe you could spec out a bros vs. pales OT chart for us and let us know how who wins the Trials! (Big smile. Big, big smile.)

Comment

>All in all, good show. I'll give it an A-, just to be encouraging. I'm psyched
                >for the next week's worth.

I thought that the camera detail was superb. The lighting was excellent, as the colors were quite vivid.

I would have liked to have seen a few more entire races, like the 400mH and the 800m, rather than the "highlights" at the finish. But that would have come at the expense of something so I shouldn't complain. I will definitely not complain about seeing most of that women's 5000m heat.

Damn, we only get an hour the next two nights, but Monday night will be a three hour affair!

Comment

Yeah, I'd give it a "pretty good" ... about as diverse coverage of the meet as you could want in 2 hours.

Comment

Bummer!

I planted myself infront of the TV at 10.45pm and next thing I know, I woke up, the TV was still going and it was 2.30am. :-(

I will be in SAC to see it live today and tomorrow.

Comment

I give it a big thumbs up with the exception of the Balco crap.

I was smiling all the way through except for that. Definetely the best coverage I've seen of a non-OG meet. But please, shut Carol Lewis up. For someone that smart, more intelligent words should come from her mouth.

That's all...

Comment

I've been very critical of TV coverage in the past, but this time I think they got it right! Our sport has to be one of the most difficult to cover, in part because of the diversity, and in part because so much happens at once.
                        In the past, when they've had to cut away from coverage of a distance race for a commercial break, or to cover another event, when they've returned to the distance event, a major move might have occurred while they were away, and suddeny two or three guys would have separated themselves from the field--- and you'd ask "What happened"? This time, when they returned, they showed Kennedy dropping out. In other words, they've finally covered the major stories in a distance race, without having to actually show literally every step!

Comment

Wait until NBCs' LONG one hour coverage starts, and we get a 200m swimming final thrown in. Then we'll see how we like it.

Comment

Main focus today is on women's 100--semis and final, 1/4-finals of men's 100, hep 800, men's shot put.

Comment

and since time is tight, I can assume there's no space for more BALCO stuff, yes?

Comment

Working...
                              X