Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedster
    replied
    BBC TV grilled Seb Coe pretty hard on the rankings proposal after the London Diamond league and what value it will add beyond the current performance ranking lists. Tennis was again thrown in as an example but the sports are so different with four peaks rather than one for athletics.

Innovation is necessary but where I think it simplifies and creates greater understanding of the sport for fans and non-fans alike.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    We will be disadvantaged as AUS (etc) athletes were when the IAAF previously used a similar system to rank athletes. You'll need to run sub-10 seconds for 100m in Europe, the US or a Diamond League meet, not Canberra interclub or ACT championships for it to count much. Unlike other countries our 'area championships' won't count for much.

The devil will be in the detail which I don't think too many people have seen yet.
    Last edited by Vault-emort; 07-24-2018, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• El Toro
    replied
    Article in the Canberra Times about trying to respond to new IAAF ranking arrangements. I haven't immersed myself in the ranking rules, so I'm not sure if what they're proposing is going to work or if Aus/NZ are both going to be disadvantaged.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    I wonder how fast Korir and Amos could go on grass?
    They would probably rather just chill, man..

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by typpo View Post
    Great to see Joe Deng break the 800 NR after a stunning season. I think we can safely say the selectors got his discretionary CWG selection right. Hopefully the Norman and Rendina records are just around the corner for somebody too.
    Congrats to Mr. Deng in taking out the OZ record. However, there is no one on the NZ horizon that is even remotely close to taking out Snell’s NZ record.

I wonder how fast Korir and Amos could go on grass?

Leave a comment:

• typpo
    replied
    Great to see Joe Deng break the 800 NR after a stunning season. I think we can safely say the selectors got his discretionary CWG selection right. Hopefully the Norman and Rendina records are just around the corner for somebody too.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Linden Hall got the National Record in the London Mile---even though she finished 10th!
    Her time was 4:21.40!
    Also gets best 10th Place mark ever!

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    Originally posted by El Toro View Post
    thought he was probably Austrian...
    yeah AUT or USA typos

Looks like he might have been born in Bendigo

Leave a comment:

• El Toro
    replied
    Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
    Seems we have discovered a new Australian miler:

https://mickstana.com/about/
    I saw his name in the Morton Mile results and thought he was probably Austrian...

Oh, BTW, It's Tamsyn's birthday today - the big 40.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    Seems we have discovered a new Australian miler:

https://mickstana.com/about/

Leave a comment:

• AS
    replied
    Some big PBS from the Aussie college crew at Mt Sac:
    Oliver Hoare 3:37.84
    Jack Bruce 3:39.86
    Jessica Hull 4:10.46

Leave a comment:

• AS
    replied
    This is probably the easiest place to see the headline results from the Brisbane meet:

http://trackinsun.blogspot.com.au/20...ueensland.html

Standouts for mine:
    M200m h2 (-1,6) Zharnel Hughes (gbr) 20.23
    M4x100m England (R. Kilty; Z. Hugues; A. Gemili; H. Aikines-Aryeetey) 38.31;

WLJ Christabel Nettey (can) 6.92 (1.8); Brooke Stratton 6.88 (1.9); Shara Proctor (gbr) 6.84 (2.3);

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    Originally posted by AS View Post
    jumps her over Joanna Stone to #4 Aussie all-time.
    That moment when you think 'but Stone threw 69.85'

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedster View Post
    hopefully some still conditions.
    Strong winds all day here (an hours drive from Brisbane atm) and looks to have been similar down south.

Leave a comment:

• Vault-emort
    replied
    Mostly average performances tonight though Mother Nature wasn't friendly to many events.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X