Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Jeff Riseley's twitter, his appeal has been dismissed. No news on any of the others from AA or the CGA of course.

Comment

The full CG squad is announced:

http://www.athletics.com.au/News/aus...old-coast-2018

Additions of note (i.e. that we hadn't seen in initial and not mentioned in appeals press):
      M400m: Solomon
      M1500m: Mathews
      M500m: McSweyn
      MPV: Armstrong, Carruthers
      MHJ: Baden
      MLJ: Frayne, Lapierre
      MHT: Dalton, Huw Peacock
      Dec: Cranston

W100m: Breen (!)
      W100mH: Behan
      W Steeple: Lacaze
      WPV: Campbell
      WHJ: McDermott
      WHT: Nielsen
      Hep: Burnett

Comment

The lunatics truly are in charge of the asylum. More '!'s in there than just Breen - and a few other additions not included in your list - eg Mulhall - are probably '?!'s.

No mention of bad-girl Daniela - probably the unluckiest to miss out - from AA of course.

ETA: I see there were some underwhelming results by some of these extra selections at the Vic Champs last night:

Baden 2nd 2.12m
        Cooper 1st 57.61m
        Mulhall 2nd 51.56m (12m behind Dani's 63.77m)
        Last edited by Vault-emort; 03-03-2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Mitchell improved on her recent javelin AR in Melbourne today, throwing 68.57. Now world #7 all time.

Some of the CG selections are baffling, particularly in the throws. A few lucky souls picked on reputation and qualifiers from yonks ago. The relays seem a little light on too - I thought this was a priority development area for AA, particularly with the advent of World Relays. Pity about Roman and Carli missing out in the 400H and James in the men's TJ, two events with a whole lot of nothing going on for Oz athletes for some time now.

Comment

Ella Nelson won over 200m in Canberra today

24.68 (+2.3)...

Originally posted by typpo View Post
            Mitchell improved on her recent javelin AR in Melbourne today, throwing 68.57. Now world #7 all time.
            Well done Kath. I remember when AthsVic was the leader in state websites for results etc - soooooo sooooo long ago now..
            Last edited by Vault-emort; 03-03-2018, 07:24 AM.

Comment

If Kathryn Mitchell is in the form she is in, I think she will be a shoe-in for gold at the 2018 Commonwealth Games. Do you think she can throw 70+ meters? That would be amazing.

Comment

Discussing this here even though its a WIC point.

Pearson solid for someone not racing indoors at all. Its a different environment and two 7.9s shows she's in decent shape.

The one thing I saw was Tobi Amusan for NGR who did make the final and could be running on the Gold Coast. They ran similar times over the 60mh so will be interesting to see her up again Pearson.

Marshall looking good as the event is still continuing.

Comment

The 2018 Commonwealth Games's Track and Field Competition is going to be held at Carrara Stadium in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. I read that, for the most part, the stadium is used for Australian rules football. I would like to know the progress made to make it track-and-field ready and up to international athletics standards.

Comment

A significant number of improvements for the stadium, though the track itself is a temporary track being set down for the Games. No Aussie Rules games until after the Games. The National Championships/CG Trials were conducted on the track and seemed to go well.
                    Last edited by Daniel Foster; 03-04-2018, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by typpo View Post
                      The only Aussies higher on an event's all-time performer list:
                      3. Hooker MPV (outdoor/indoor combined)
                      =4. Markov MPV
                      4. Deakes M50kW
                      6. Freeman W400m
                      6. Pearson W100mH
                      6. Saxby-Junna W10kW

Pretty illustrious company

Comment

Ella Nelson has pulled out of CGs, with Larissa Pasternatsky taking her 200 berth - late bloomer who's been steadily improving in recent years, running close to the A at nationals (23.27 with a -1.7).

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                          Also
                          21 March Whanganui; and
                          25 March Auckland
                          And Timaru (March 14), Christchurch (March 16). Strong SP fields: Walsh, Whiting, Nedow, Richards, Birkinshaw... (and Gill?)... and Valerie Adams back!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...hot-put-series

Comment

Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post
                            Only heard bout the ones in Sydney (17th) & Brisbane (22/28 Mar) - seen no others listed for Carrara. The Aussies are supposed to be in the Nudgee camp from 23 Mar to 2 April.
                            Some international names for the Brisbane meets are popping up:
                            Centrowitz(!)
                            Makwala
                            Zharnel Hughes

http://www.news.com.au/sport/commonw...8e8cd052349246

Comment

Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
                              If Kathryn Mitchell is in the form she is in, I think she will be a shoe-in for gold at the 2018 Commonwealth Games. Do you think she can throw 70+ meters? That would be amazing.
                              I'm going to modify this statement. If Sunette Viljoen throws the throw of her life (69 meters or beyond) I think that there will be a good competition between Mitchell and Viljoen. I will admit though that Viljoen hasn't threw her best since 2012. Then again, Mitchell is about a year older so Viljoen may still throw better yet.

Comment

Yes, Viljoen has always seemed a better competitor at majors than the Aussies but Mitchell is in the form of her life. Be interesting to see what Sunette can do in her first comp since that one-off 60m throw in December. Guess she might appear in one of the warm-up meets.

Comment

Working...
                                X