Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I think he's a former middle distance runner at UOregon.
    Endurance Sportswire is the most updated source for business & latest sports news & announcements in the running, cycling and triathlon industries. Read now!

A graduate of Colorado State University, Vermillion was a three-time conference champion in the 800m and 1500m on the track while earning Academic All-American Honors. After he graduated college, he raced as a professional athlete competing for the Nike Farm Team in Palo Alto, CA and Oregon Track Club Elite in Eugene, OR. Alongside his racing career at the OTC, he received his MBA with an emphasis in Sports Marketing from the University of Oregon. Upon receiving his professional degree, he served as the Executive Director and Marketing Director of the Oregon Track Club where he helped bring about a renaissance in Eugene’s endurance scene through the rebranding of Track Town, USA – a moniker recognized worldwide, identifying Eugene as a global mecca for Track and Field.

Comment

I think he's a former middle distance runner at UOregon.
      Found him on Tilastopaja. 3:44.60/4:05.13 PBs. Gee, he's not even among the leben-hundred, lebenty-leben US sub-four milers!
      Keep trying, NBC!
      What happened to Josh Cox? He was pretty good, I thought.
      I have yet to watch any of the NBCSN coverage, but it's on my DVR. I use it primarily to be able to freeze-frame and slo-mo to go back and see situations like Fred Kerley in the 400 Sunday and Shamier Little on Saturday, people falling during races, etc.
      Cheers,
      Alan Shank
      Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
        I have used Chrome on both Windows and iMac with no problems at all, also the NBC Gold app on iPad.
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank
        I have no explanation as to the why's involved but Edge works best for me for streaming anything.
        Thanks, guys.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Found him on Tilastopaja. 3:44.60/4:05.13 PBs. Gee, he's not even among the leben-hundred, lebenty-leben US sub-four milers!
          Keep trying, NBC!
          What happened to Josh Cox? He was pretty good, I thought.
          I have yet to watch any of the NBCSN coverage, but it's on my DVR. I use it primarily to be able to freeze-frame and slo-mo to go back and see situations like Fred Kerley in the 400 Sunday and Shamier Little on Saturday, people falling during races, etc.
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank
          Woodland, CA, USA
          One thing on Vermillion....he was on a broadcast I was watching either last year or the year before doing analysis for track 10,000m races and he was very good. That's in his wheelhouse though so maybe he doesn't know as much about the other events.

Comment

Hutchings asked Bartoletta some good questions (a rarity) about the LJ. She not only addressed his questions (also a rarity), her answers constituted the best commentary I've ever heard from a former or current athlete. She described the difference between herself and Brittney Reese as jumpers and got quite technical about takeoff. At one point, she apologized for sounded like a "nerd". When Tianna hangs them up, here's hoping NBC hires her to do commentary. She sounded as much like a coach as an athlete. So often, athletes do not seem to have a deep understanding of their events, just following their coaches blindly, but Bartoletta knows what she is doing, and why.
            Dwight Stone once had a similar interview with Chaunte Lowe after she set the AR at the Drake Relays. I thought it was compelling TV but I'll bet the producers don't care much for that much air time being taken up by something only us track geeks can appreciate.

Comment

And when mentioning records or performances, noting indoor or outdoor could be helpful to those newer to the sport.

Comment

I seem to remember one commentator exclaiming how an 800 meter race was on "WR PACE" after the first 200 split. I cracked up, because I do this to my wife whenever watching championship 800s.

Anytime the first 200 split is under 25", I scream, "They're on WR pace!" She stops what she's doing and comes to watch what usually is a 1:44-45 race. The funny thing is she keeps falling for it year after year.

Comment

You and Lucy van Pelt! Leave that football alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X