Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment on "Track and Field Already Had Great Stories..." Article

Via Track and Field News I came upon Alan Abrahamson's article about some people wanting to crown Christian Coleman track and field's "savior". I agree with him that there are many good stories from track and field. Why is is that there is so much attention upon a male sprinter, as if he is the be all and end all in track and field, anyway?

Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
    Via Track and Field News I came upon Alan Abrahamson's article about some people wanting to crown Christian Coleman track and field's "savior". I agree with him that there are many good stories from track and field. Why is is that there is so much attention upon a male sprinter, as if he is the be all and end all in track and field, anyway?

It has to do with "politics" that are far beyond the scope of the sport. It's that simple and at the same time it isn't simple at all. If one were to really get into it the posts and thread would disappear right quick.

Comment

Let me try to clarify my opening post. Track and field should encourage a wide range of stars, not put all it's eggs in a male sprinter "poster boy". I will admit that a lot of people come to track and field for the sprints but not all fans think that the men's sprint are the only deal in town. For instance I enjoy the pole vault, especially the women's.

Comment

Coe thinks the IAAF is in the entertainment business. So let's see, would you rather watch 10 seconds of The Godfather or three hours?

Comment

Working...
        X