Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Commwealth Games Track-and-Field Competition

Although athletes from the USA are not competiting there is a big sports competition coming up in April. It's the Commonwealth Games, which are being held in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. I have a detailed schedule, current as of December 14, 2017, of the athletics (track and field) portion of it. It can be found at http://athletics.com.au/Portals/56/H...20schedule.pdf.

It might be interesting to note that ESPN has the rights to the 2018 Commonwealth Games for the USA. As of now I haven't heard any plans the ESPN has for it.

How many of the teams have been announced yet? I know England have announced but not sure about anyone else. Canada I think too, or at least there were definitely articles about De Grasse going.

Comment

Australian team is here: http://www.athletics.com.au/News/aus...old-coast-2018

Kenya's is http://www.athletics.com.au/News/aus...old-coast-2018

Comment

Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
        Although athletes from the USA are not competing there is a big sports competition coming up in April.
        A self-contradicting sentence if ever there were one!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          A self-contradicting sentence if ever there were one!
          Not all major sporting events have Americans in it (i.e. European Games, Asian Games).

Comment

Not all major sporting events have Americans in it (i.e. European Games, Asian Games).
            Then name one we are not in . . .

Comment

2018 World Cup, Only the biggest sporting event on the planet

Comment

Originally posted by mgb View Post
                2018 World Cup, Only the biggest sporting event on the planet
                Hmmm, you might be lost. This is a Track & Field (Athletics) forum. That the USA adds little to global soccer (football) is a given.

Comment

Didn't you read some examples I've written, namely the European and Asian Games. Although I will give you that the Americans are important to track and field it doesn't mean that there are important international competitions that Americans can't compete in. The track-and-field world does not revolve around the United State of America.

Comment

Anyway - the Comm Games are usually considered the Friendly Games - not the USA vs the World Games (ie most other events)

Comment

Didn't you read some examples I've written, namely the European and Asian Games
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JtnEUPvpus

Comment

My wife and I are leaving for Australia March 22, heading for Melbourne, Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, and ending up in Gold Coast for the entire Athletics program. Looking forward to it, and I won't miss the Star Spangled Banner one bit!!
                        Cheers,
                        Alan Shank
                        Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                          My wife and I are leaving for Australia March 22, heading for Melbourne, Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, and ending up in Gold Coast for the entire Athletics program. Looking forward to it, and I won't miss the Star Spangled Banner one bit!!
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA, USA
                          Don't like when CWG are this early. Our team usually sucks more than usual as there are no trials so lots of lesser athletes end up going.
                          why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker View Post
                            Don't like when CWG are this early. Our team usually sucks more than usual as there are no trials so lots of lesser athletes end up going.
                            I could see the Commonwealth Games held in August or September in Gold Coast, Australia. Although it would be winter-early spring there it has a mild climate, especially compared to a place like Melbourne.

Comment

More convenient for them to lay down (and then rip up) a track before the football (AFL) season starts rather than in the middle of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X