Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Pre meet

Good grief... Is this the entire meet this year...Over 2 days yet...

2018 DATE: May 25-26

2018 IAAF DIAMOND LEAGUE EVENTS ARE BELOW:

Men
    200m
    110m Hurdles
    3000m Steeplechase
    High Jump
    Triple Jump
    Shot Put
    Javelin Throw

Women
    100m
    400m
    800m
    1500m
    5000m
    400m Hurdles
    Pole Vault

How do you have the Prefontaine Meet and not have any men's distance races...

https://eugene.diamondleague.com/pro...esults-eugene/
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-07-2018, 09:51 PM.

These are the events that will count towards the DL scoring. There will be other non DL events contested

Comment

Yes, Friday night always has a good collection of distance stuff and note that the mile (more than one race) will be added to the program as well to finish off Saturday, as always.

Comment

Really....how do you know....the meet is 2 months away....and they are selling tickets.....

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
          These are the events that will count towards the DL scoring. There will be other non DL events contested
          What is the schedule? I've never seen the program this vague this late....the reason I heard about it is someone who I know flies in every year to watch and wondered what was this about...

If they are trying to promote the meet they sure are doing a lousy job since the web site says this is the full program....

Comment

Agree about the lack of info about the full event schedule.

But the field announced today for the men's shot put is awesome!

Comment

The website specifically says 2018 IAAF DIAMOND LEAGUE EVENTS
              Does not say full schedule as far as I can see.

All the Diamond League meets only have the DL specific events listed on the website at this point. Doha and Shanghai don't even have full schedules or ticket info available (from what I can find).

Comment

Go to the website...for Pre meet 2018 info...and this is what you get....and click on the Full Schedule and you just get the below events.....

And isn't the men's mile or 1500 a DL event?

Look I've been going to the meet for years and don't remember it being this vague this time of year.....certainly the entries are unknown...but not the schedule of events...or at least what events...

2018 DATE: May 25-26

2018 IAAF DIAMOND LEAGUE EVENTS ARE BELOW:

Men
                200m
                110m Hurdles
                3000m Steeplechase
                High Jump
                Triple Jump
                Shot Put
                Javelin Throw

Women
                100m
                400m
                800m
                1500m
                5000m
                400m Hurdles
                Pole Vault

FULL TIMETABLE >

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                  And isn't the men's mile or 1500 a DL event?
                  Yes but not in Eugene this year. Shanghai before and Rome after will have the 1500m as a DL event for men. The women's 1500m will be a DL event as noted by the schedule.

Comment

Relax, folks. Which meet has been the BEST IN THE WORLD three of the past five years, including the last two years? Is there any rational reason to think that Tom Jordan won't continue to bring in a great field with numerous non-DL events as he has done for decades?
                    I think it's very possible that additional events are still "under construction". Trust in TJ; he's earned it.

Comment

The Pre meet---in late May?
                      Sheesh!
                      I'm still focusing on the INdoor NCAA and NBIN---in just 2 or 3 days!!
                      Get a life.

LOL

Comment

I know about Tom Jordan....a great fellow....

But in a year when TandFNews suddenly announces they are not printing anymore....the Stadium for the Trials has a mixed story....and who knows what is up with the Hayward restoration and the status of the 2021....what happened in past doesn't always the future is clear....so call me skeptical...

Comment

If Hayward is somehow not ready for this year's Pre, maybe they should move it to Marshfield HS in Coos Bay!
                          You know, the former home of a certain Steve Prefontaine!
                          Just saying.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            The Pre meet---in late May?
                            Sheesh!
                            I'm still focusing on the INdoor NCAA and NBIN---in just 2 or 3 days!!
                            Get a life.

LOL
                            Get lost please....some people actually plan to go to things....

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              What is the schedule? I've never seen the program this vague this late....the reason I heard about it is someone who I know flies in every year to watch and wondered what was this about...

If they are trying to promote the meet they sure are doing a lousy job since the web site says this is the full program....
                              The schedule is NEVER available this early. This year's promotion is running in exactly the same template as it has ever since the inception of the Diamond League.

But yes, you are spot-on in that the DL website is misleading in calling it "full program" when common sense dictates that it's not. The lack of a Bowerman Mile should be a dead giveaway.

Comment

Working...
                              X