X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast 100s at Champs

16 yo Kevona Davis 11.16
    16 yo Sachin Dennis and 18 yo Tyreke Wilson 10.21

A team of Dennis, Wilson, Chris Taylor and Dejour Russell could threaten the 4x100m WJR. A pity Stephens and Matherson are hurt.
    Likewise a team of Brianna Williams (11.13) Davis, Kasheika Cameron (11.29) and any of Michae Harriott, Tia Clayton or Sasheka Steele could challenge the WJR in the 4x100m with good changes. The challenge will be to keep everyone healthy and fast until then
    why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
      16 yo Kevona Davis 11.16
      16 yo Sachin Dennis and 18 yo Tyreke Wilson 10.21
      I assume they were all "jogging" too 😊

Comment

Cameron is 20 this year so I didn't include her

Comment

Edwin Allen girls ran 44.71...in Class 3!! I believe that is ages 13 and 14! Insanely fast for a 4x1. Watson defeating Dennis in the Class 2 200 meters is not an upset...Dashawn Morris is the real deal,curious to see if he runs here in America after hs or stays in Jamaica. Scary to see what time Edwin Allen puts down in the girls 4x1 at Penn...

Comment

13 to 15. Still incredible.

Comment

Class 3 for girls is actually listed as 13-14yrs.

Comment

Cameron is 20 this year so I didn't include her
                Didn't realise that. Clayton can replace her, or Steele if she gets right.
                why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

It's puzzling that they would list it like that. Kevona was in class 3 last year and was eligible for World Youth which means she turned 16 after August 31 but before December 31, 2017, which means at Champs she was 15.

Comment

The displayed age ranges don't really reflect the true ages of the athletes.

For girls, Classes 1, 2, 3, and 4 are under 19, under 17, under 15, and under 13 respectively, but that's the age as of the prior August 31 (i.e. right before the school year starts in early September).

So for example, they may show "13-14" when referring to class 3, but since it's 13-14 as of August 2017, there will be some who are now 15.

For boys, classes 1, 2, and 3 are under 19, under 16, and under 14, also as of the prior August 31.
                    Last edited by 18.99s; 03-26-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Lol. This is an odd way of doing it but I get it.

Comment

Lol. This is an odd way of doing it but I get it.
                        There has to be some cut-off/reference point for any age range used.

Comment

Originally posted by john gold2 View Post
                          There has to be some cut-off/reference point for any age range used.
                          The weird part isn't with the date cutoff, which lines up logically with the start of the school year, but the labeling of the age groups. Calling an age group Under 18 [as of next August] would be mathematically equivalent to but less intuitively weird than the current practice of calling it Under 17 [as of last August].

The latter confuses people when they find out there are 17 year olds in the group, whereas the former is more in line with the IAAF under-XX classifcations where XX refers to the age as of a future date within the same calendar year.

Comment

Originally posted by phillysoftpretzel View Post
                            Edwin Allen girls ran 44.71...in Class 3!! I believe that is ages 13 and 14! Insanely fast for a 4x1. Watson defeating Dennis in the Class 2 200 meters is not an upset...Dashawn Morris is the real deal,curious to see if he runs here in America after hs or stays in Jamaica. Scary to see what time Edwin Allen puts down in the girls 4x1 at Penn...
                            To give a little perspective, here is the winning time by the USA Red team over the Blue team: USA Red 44.12 (Todd, McGrone, Spencer, Meadows) - not the top US squad but those ladies are not slouches.

Comment

Working...
                            X