Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4x1 AR attempt planned

From home-page-linked article

Tennessee track legends Justin Gatlin and Christian Coleman will team up with Mike Rodgers and Ronnie Baker in an attempt to break the 4x100-meter relay American record next week at the Tennessee Relays.
    I approve.

It's a strong team for sure, but 37.37 in April, presumably in a race with no serious opposition? I don't see that happening. Also, has this team been practicing baton passing at all?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
      has this team been practicing baton passing at all?
      A Murkan team doan need no stinkin' practice. We can drop the baton on a moment's notice!

Comment

I hope Christian is on the lead off. I would love to see that. I am getting butterflies just thinking about it. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
          I hope Christian is on the lead off. I would love to see that. I am getting butterflies just thinking about it. LOL.
          Which leads to the order debate. I'll go with

CC - best starter
          Rodgers - more experience than Baker
          Gatlin - great curve runner
          Baker

Comment

I like that order, but I’ve also seen Gatlin absolutely kill it on the second leg before. I might switch him with Rodgers. I also insist they practice their passes. A bunch.

Comment

Interestingly enough, Gatlin ran leadoff on a USA team at Florida last weekend

Comment

Originally posted by billychuck View Post
                I like that order, but I’ve also seen Gatlin absolutely kill it on the second leg before. I might switch him with Rodgers. I also insist they practice their passes. A bunch.
                I agree with this and let's not forget that Gatlin is left-handed.
                Last edited by jazzcyclist; 04-05-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

If Mike Rogers runs any leg beside 1st, will someone please tell him don't leave too soon. That is the problem I have with Rogers running any leg but 1st. Too many times I have seen him go out too soon.

Comment

Rodgers
                    Gatlin
                    Baker
                    Coleman

Comment

Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
                      If Mike Rogers runs any leg beside 1st, will someone please tell him don't leave too soon. That is the problem I have with Rogers running any leg but 1st. Too many times I have seen him go out too soon.
                      Not leaving too soon is important on the lead-off leg also.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                        Not leaving too soon is important on the lead-off leg also.
                        This is true, but Rodgers rarely false starts in individual races.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                          Rodgers
                          Gatlin
                          Baker
                          Coleman
                          Agreed with this. And if I remember correctly, Roders-Gatlin has been successful a few times already on the world stage, most recently in London.

Comment

It will also be interesting to see how Gatlin performs this season as he's been in a training program that is said to be very different than the one he did with Mitchell.

Comment

I'd love to see Lyles replace Rodgers and anchoring with Coleman leading off. And they try numerous attempts this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X