Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m4x1 AR attempt planned

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • m4x1 AR attempt planned

    From home-page-linked article

    Tennessee track legends Justin Gatlin and Christian Coleman will team up with Mike Rodgers and Ronnie Baker in an attempt to break the 4x100-meter relay American record next week at the Tennessee Relays.
    I approve.

  • #2
    It's a strong team for sure, but 37.37 in April, presumably in a race with no serious opposition? I don't see that happening. Also, has this team been practicing baton passing at all?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Powell View Post
      has this team been practicing baton passing at all?
      A Murkan team doan need no stinkin' practice. We can drop the baton on a moment's notice!

      Comment


      • #4
        I hope Christian is on the lead off. I would love to see that. I am getting butterflies just thinking about it. LOL.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by reggaeirie1234 View Post
          I hope Christian is on the lead off. I would love to see that. I am getting butterflies just thinking about it. LOL.
          Which leads to the order debate. I'll go with

          CC - best starter
          Rodgers - more experience than Baker
          Gatlin - great curve runner
          Baker

          Comment


          • #6
            I like that order, but I’ve also seen Gatlin absolutely kill it on the second leg before. I might switch him with Rodgers. I also insist they practice their passes. A bunch.

            Comment


            • #7
              Interestingly enough, Gatlin ran leadoff on a USA team at Florida last weekend

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by billychuck View Post
                I like that order, but I’ve also seen Gatlin absolutely kill it on the second leg before. I might switch him with Rodgers. I also insist they practice their passes. A bunch.
                I agree with this and let's not forget that Gatlin is left-handed.
                Last edited by jazzcyclist; 04-05-2018, 07:30 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  If Mike Rogers runs any leg beside 1st, will someone please tell him don't leave too soon. That is the problem I have with Rogers running any leg but 1st. Too many times I have seen him go out too soon.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Rodgers
                    Gatlin
                    Baker
                    Coleman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
                      If Mike Rogers runs any leg beside 1st, will someone please tell him don't leave too soon. That is the problem I have with Rogers running any leg but 1st. Too many times I have seen him go out too soon.
                      Not leaving too soon is important on the lead-off leg also.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                        Not leaving too soon is important on the lead-off leg also.
                        This is true, but Rodgers rarely false starts in individual races.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by gm View Post
                          Rodgers
                          Gatlin
                          Baker
                          Coleman
                          Agreed with this. And if I remember correctly, Roders-Gatlin has been successful a few times already on the world stage, most recently in London.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It will also be interesting to see how Gatlin performs this season as he's been in a training program that is said to be very different than the one he did with Mitchell.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd love to see Lyles replace Rodgers and anchoring with Coleman leading off. And they try numerous attempts this season.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X