Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh View Post
    can I be the first to ask what we'll say when Master Sprout runs in the Van Damme Memorial for the first time?
    And how will the announcer call the race when he's leading Mister Andrews?

Comment

Originally posted by br View Post
      Just wondering how it compares to Eric Hulst's 8:50.6 2-mile from 1974?
      By standard 1.08 conversion = 8:52.1

On world level, from same era as Hulst, Hansjorg Kunze ran 7:56.4 (8:34.5) at age 16y 6mo in June 1976.

In looking up Kunze, came across a tidbit of which I was previously unaware and will share.

At age 21, at Rieti '81, Kunze ran 13:10.4 to defeat Henry Rono, the reigning 5000m WRH; the winning time was only two seconds off the WR Rono had set in 1978.

Four days later, no doubt annoyed at the loss, Rono lowered his WR to 13:06 at a meet in Norway.

Kunze was no flash: went on to medal at Worlds in '83 and '87 and at Seoul in '88.

And, speaking of Drew Hunter, I am impatiently waiting for him to get on with being a 5000m runner, and stop playing around with the 1500m/mile.
      Last edited by player; 04-14-2018, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maggot View Post
        Aha!=aha*(aha-1)*(aha-2)*...*3*2*1

OK. But how does this play out with Wham!?

Comment

Interview with Sprout:

http://oregonrelays.runnerspace.com/...ideo_id=240036

Comment

OK, I got the Brussels Sprout pun, but can't get the (Robby?) Andrews one..

Comment

Kohlrabi

Comment

Right now Colorado has four of the 13 fastest 1600 runners in the country. It would be five if Michael Mooney would jump into a good race.

Comment

Sprout soloed a 9:01.53 for 3200 at his league meet at altitude in Denver this weekend. That breaks the Colorado all-classification state record of 9:04 last year by Tanner Norman. Not sure how it compares to his 8:13 3000 at sea level in Eugene. Also won in 1:56.61 and 4:17.31. I'm guessing these were on three separate days as the meet ran May 2- May 5 per Milesplit and I can't tell which events were on which days.

Comment

Working...
                  X