Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    The key quote from that project manager is this:

>>The bleachers are essentially rows of 2x10-inch boards with 18 inches between seat designations and 28 inches of room between the back of one row to the back of the next row.
    The seat pitch will be 44 inches in the new stadium with 24-inch individual seats.<<

When I go to a track meet as a spectator, I care more about seat comfort than I do about architectural history. The proposed new East grandstand will be a MUCH more comfortable place to watch a track meet.
    Maybe they can give out a free container of wooden splinters for those so inclined.

Comment

• ' The proposed new East grandstand will be a MUCH more comfortable place to watch a track meet.'

Since the only evidence so far of what the new place is is a cartoon that seems jumping the gun I would say..

Btw the Tinker Hatfield plan had lots of room for the wimp crowd.... While preserving the historic nature of the place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        ' The proposed new East grandstand will be a MUCH more comfortable place to watch a track meet.'

Since the only evidence so far of what the new place is is a cartoon that seems jumping the gun I would say..
        No, the evidence is the specifications mentioned by the project manager. The numbers speak for themselves. A dramatic increase in the pitch (the distance between rows) and the seat width will necessarily result on much greater comfort for the spectators.

Comment

• Right...

On the front page...

'Details about the new Hayward Field remain as clear as mud: Oregon track & field rundown'

That about sums it up....

Comment

• I understand that there may be some uncertainty as to what ends up happening. That's why I referred to the "proposed new East grandstand". And I assumed that the project manager who provided those specifications knew the details of the proposal.

Comment

• Anyways... It's a done deal now... We'll find out soon....not terribly surprising...

http://www.registerguard.com/news/20...ast-grandstand

Comment

• this shocked (well, at least surprised me):

<<The proposed nine-story Bowerman Tower will include offices, conference rooms and a observation deck.>>

I thought the tower was more like a radio mast, not an actual habitable structure

Comment

• How long until a race to the top is scheduled?

Comment

• Is odd.... So Phil Knight can lord over his empire like Saruman.

The Tower of Orthanc it shall be known.

The Ringwaiths are the Oregon toadies. Soon Knight will turn everyone in Eugene into Orcs....

Spencer's Butte makes a great Mount Doom.
                    Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-11-2018, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• Gandalf — gh
                      Aragorn —Ashton Eaton
                      Legolas — Mondo
                      Gimli — Reese Hoffa
                      Arwen — Brianne Theisen-Eaton
                      Galadriel — Emma Coburn
                      Elrond — Vin Lananna
                      The Prancing Pony — The Wild Duck
                      Anduin — Willamette River
                      Rohan — Alton Baker Park/Pre’s Trail
                      Isildur — Pre
                      Lorien — Hendricks Park
                      Last edited by DrJay; 05-11-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

• That's good....gh even looks like Gandalf...especially if he wore a big hat.

Only problem is gh became a Ringwaith also blinded by Uncle Phil and his dazzling new castle and tower. So gh is the King of the Rohans who came under the influence of Wormtongue.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                          Gandalf — gh
                          Aragorn —Ashton Eaton
                          Legolas — Mondo
                          Gimli — Reese Hoffa
                          Arwen — Brianne Theisen-Eaton
                          Galadriel — Emma Coburn
                          Elrond — Vin Lananna
                          The Prancing Pony — The Wild Duck
                          Anduin — Willamette River
                          Rohan — Alton Baker Park/Pre’s Trail
                          Isildur — Pre
                          Lorien — Hendricks Park
                          brilliant!

in the interest of self-preservation I'll not share my choices for some of the less savory LOTR characters

Comment

• Thanks! I thought you might balk at being Gandalf. Too much responsibility, saving the world and all that.

"'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'"

But then, "You cannot pass! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass!"

Which is a really cool scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              That's good....gh even looks like Gandalf...especially if he wore a big hat.

Only problem is gh became a Ringwaith also blinded by Uncle Phil and his dazzling new castle and tower. So gh is the King of the Rohans who came under the influence of Wormtongue.
                              Theoden. So who's Wormtongue? Does Uncle Phil have a wormy little assistant?

Couldn't come up with anyone for the Hobbits. Not many tiny T&F athletes. I guess Kenyan distance runners. Maybe have to go to horse racing jockeys. And Gollum. We gotta find a Gollum.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                                Theoden. So who's Wormtongue? Does Uncle Phil have a wormy little assistant?

Couldn't come up with anyone for the Hobbits. Not many tiny T&F athletes. I guess Kenyan distance runners. Maybe have to go to horse racing jockeys. And Gollum. We gotta find a Gollum.
                                Right...Theoden....I'm sure Knight has lots of wormy assistants....but I could think of a few here that would make great Wormtongues....but I won't name names.

Hobbits are the regulars of the East Grandstand....but realise that Hobbiton is doomed. And will soon be overrun by Orcs.

Gollum would be the University President... I could see him going around muttering 'My Precious'....

Knight could also be Sauron....he sort of looks the part. All he needs is an orb.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-11-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X