Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I take it back after watching some videos on installing...some are poured and some are rolled but with an adhesive that reminds me of plastering....it doesn't look easy at all to take out and put somewhere else.

Comment

• I've occasionally done something like 4x400 with a two minute recovery at the HS. Doing them in 90 seconds has gotten really hard.

Comment

• I think all Beynon track installations are poured in place, rather than in rolls.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
          I've occasionally done something like 4x400 with a two minute recovery at the HS. Doing them in 90 seconds has gotten really hard.
          Indeed....but was thinking of the UV rays on the surface that hasten the track wearing out.

Comment

• Oh that’s funny! Well….That too! Another problem with our track is, from what I’ve heard from the track coach and the AD, that they didn’t do the proper foundation or sub-track work before laying this one 15 or 18 years ago. It’s settling in some places where you really have to watch your footing a bit. The surface is cracking and that might be the UV you speak of.

Comment

• In the RG today...Tinker Hatfield is still trying...

http://www.registerguard.com/sports/...-hayward-field

Large crowd at the East Grandstand supporters meeting last night at Agate Hall. Wonder what Uncle Phil thinks of that.

Comment

• Hatfield unloads on what he thinks of the new design....

'If you're gonna spend north of $200 million ... please ... consider this.
                For all that moola you get a fancy looking stadium but you get a second-rate
                PERFORMANCE venue and a third rate INDOOR training facility.

Another way of putting it is, few if any "American" or "world records" will be set in such a stadium. The design and the decision to build it for such a high price is seemingly based on whether or not (Nike co-founder) Phil Knight and (IAAF president) Sebastian Coe think it's a fitting HIGH STATUS platform for a World Championships. '

https://articles.oregonlive.com/trac...mpression=true
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-01-2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Almost aaronk-ish in his prolific use of caps

Comment

• Nike spent time in wind tunnels and money on those black patches Rupp wears now that supposedly helps decrease wind resistance....yet Knight wants to spend $200 million on a track design that may be detrimental to performances due to swirling winds..without any testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                      Nike spent time in wind tunnels and money on those black patches Rupp wears now that supposedly helps decrease wind resistance....yet Knight wants to spend $200 million on a track design that may be detrimental to performances due to swirling winds..without any testing.
                      Just curious, do you know of any testing on any major stadium (say 20k seats or more) were there were wind studies before construction. I have never heard of such a thing.

Comment

• I have no idea.. but considering the importance of aerodynamics in track I presume Hatfield knows something about it.
                        Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-02-2018, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken Goe via Conor Dary View Post
                          There are concerns the horseshoe design rolled out in April could have the unintended consequence of creating swirling winds inside the stadium that would cause havoc for athletes competing in events in which even a slight variation in the wind has a big impact on performance.

This is an example of an issue that could have been addressed had those managing the project chosen to a more collaborative process.
                          It could be that my comments about the similarity in design to SF's notoriously breezy Candlestick Park hit a target: https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...=1#post2663843

Comment

• At the meeting Thursday night Peter Thompson played part of the video the Oregon group used for the 2019 pitch... 3 minutes of which was how great the East Grandstand is....which needless to say was a bit weird...
                            Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-02-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                              It could be that my comments about the similarity in design to SF's notoriously breezy Candlestick Park hit a target: https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...=1#post2663843
                              From the Candlestick Park wiki page:

>>Due to Candlestick Park's location next to the bay, strong winds often swirled down into the stadium, creating unusual playing conditions.<<

I don't recall that Hayward is in a particularly windy area. Nor do I think it's near a geographical feature like San Francisco Bay that would tend to create or enhance winds.

Comment

• That may be.....But who should you trust with Hayward Field's future: Tinker Hatfield or.... Howard Slusher?

https://mobile.twitter.com/sreidocre...46391440670720

Comment

Working...
                                X