Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    '20 Pac-12 announced for Hayward (brief notice on home page)

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Slightly changed from one year ago today....

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Yellow!

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    I want a green seat.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Some recent photos of the Hayward construction site now linked in the front page headline section.
    Last edited by tandfman; 05-29-2019, 03:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    That's a good question if 12,500 is the real number....even that is too big for anything other than the Trials...I suspect it is...since they are actually selling tickets...

Not sure what is so magical about 30,000.....as you say they will probably fill the north end with temporary seats...add a few here and there...and say there you go....is Coe really going to blow a gasket with Uncle Phil?

The Fan Fest west of Hayward will draw a big crowd.... it's too late for Autzen at this point....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-10-2019, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charley Shaffer
    replied
    I agree; there's no apparent way that they can more than double the capacity of the 12,500 permanent seats by adding 17,500 temporary seats.

They'll probably erect 5,000 temporary bleacher seats on the north end over the former E. 15th Avenue, and then just call that new 17,500 total "30,000," just like they said for years that Old Hayward was 10,500 when it was really 8,400 by the count of two independent parties.* Is the IAAF going to manually count the seats?

Oh, I guess they could put 10,000 or more temporary bleachers in front of a huge outdoor video screen in some field somewhere and call it a "Fan Fest Experience" or something, and add in those seats to those actually in the stadium . . . or just use Autzen Stadium.

*Will the "12,500" really be 12,500?

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Ken Goe...

"-- From looking at the map of the stadium provided perspective ticket buyers (pictured above), it’s hard to see how the stadium can be expanded to meet the 30,000-seat minimum for the 2021 World Outdoor Championships, scheduled to be held there."

Indeed....as I've pointed out countless times. where are they going to add another 17,500 seats?

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/20...d-rundown.html

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    perspective ticket buyers
    Perspective ??

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that this misused word made it into print.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Ken Goe...

"-- From looking at the map of the stadium provided perspective ticket buyers (pictured above), it’s hard to see how the stadium can be expanded to meet the 30,000-seat minimum for the 2021 World Outdoor Championships, scheduled to be held there."

Indeed....as I've pointed out countless times. where are they going to add another 17,500 seats?

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/20...d-rundown.html

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile...Tracktown Tuesday with the Minnesota boys...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-08-2019, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    It is.....as I said I will go to my allotted time June 9th....and see what is left...otherwise just buy GA....

I ordered women's basketball season tickets...and it's just as confusing...

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Some confusion and further clarification: went to buy the GA seats and they assigned me section 217, row 1, seats 7 & 8, with no option to change. Two problems - I don't want to be in 217, and I don't want assigned seats.

Fifteen minutes on the phone with someone at UO who had to ask around to find that the ticket folks are, for some reason, keeping track of GA ticket sales by assigning seats to each ticket, although when you show up you can sit in any GA seat. A strange confusing way to handle it.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    The clarification is in: this season ticket seat selection process is only for the reserved seating on the homestretch. If you want any other seats you can buy general admission season tickets today. The only downside, not much of one if you want GA seats, is that if you buy GA seats you are no longer eligible to go through the reserved seating selection process.
    That makes sense...I'll probably go to the Selection day....to see what is available...GA will always be there...

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    Those days include the dates of the NCAA Championships, which are in Austin. So if you want to go to Austin to cheer for the Ducks, you can't show up in person in Eugene
    Wow, that's not great timing at all.

No fun in Austin for me; I'll be in San Diego. On the bright side when my Sunday selection time passes by I'll be at Petco Park watching baseball with fellow message board member Daisy.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    Great timing - I live in Eugene and will be in town every day between now and mid-September, except for June 5-10, when the "show up in person if you want seats" process takes place. Waiting to hear back from the UO folks as to how screwed I am . . .
    Those days include the dates of the NCAA Championships, which are in Austin. So if you want to go to Austin to cheer for the Ducks, you can't show up in person in Eugene

Leave a comment:

Working...
X