• Conor Dary
    replied
    Ominous storm clouds....

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile....in the RG today.....

Where will everyone stay?

With hundreds of thousands of people expected to flock to Eugene and surrounding areas for the World Championships, Lane County is expected to be filled to the brim with tourists, spectators, athletes and their family and friends.

Visitors are expected to be spread out across much of the state.

She said the international nature of the event lends itself to a much larger market of opportunities, with people willing to travel for 90 minutes to two hours to get to where they’re staying during the event.

“When we went to London in 2017 (for the World Championships) we asked people what they thought about a longer commute,” Westlund said. “They said it wouldn’t be a problem at all.”

Westlund said Travel Lane County and other organizers want to fill out the area and will have no problem doing so, especially in areas along the coast and the smaller communities that surround Eugene, such as Cottage Grove, Creswell, Oakridge and others.

“There will be some people who will want to be in Portland, and others who want to take the beautiful drive between Oakridge and Eugene,” she said. “We’ve also had a lot of interest in Florence.”

But several thousand people also will stay in the immediate Eugene-Springfield area.

There are about 5,200 hotel rooms in Lane County, with about 4,100 located in the Eugene-Springfield area, according to Westlund. She also said there are hundreds of vacation rentals throughout the county.

https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...-championships

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Nice and warm today...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    More on the FAQ... $50 alone won't get you into Group 5...Sad!

I've had season tickets for 15 years and have never donated.

Group 4.

I've never had season tickets before, but have 500 PP.

Group 6, since you have less than 1,000 PP and 0 YOP.

I've never had season tickets before, but have 1,200 PP.

Group 4, since you have over 1,000 PP.

I've had season tickets for 7 years and have 1,100 PP.

Group 4. The 1,100 PP moves you from Group 5 to Group 4.

I've had season tickets for 2 years, but have 2,900 PP.

Group 3. The 2,900 PP moves you from Group 5 to Group 3.

I purchased Track & Field season tickets for six years, then moved and dropped my seats. After four years, I moved back and bought season tickets again. I have since had season tickets for the past 8 years. How many YOP do I have?

8 YOP. It is based on consecutive years of purchase. The four-year gap resets the count back at zero.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-10-2019, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    I have no idea what the press setup will be for the OT

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    I imagine that might be the case for the Worlds but hopefully not for the Trials

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    having zero inside information, but knowing IAAF needs for press/tv, not to mention the IAAF Family, my guess is that any "close to finish line" seats will be on the curve, not on the straightaway.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    “ According to the letter, the 534 folks in groups 1-5 purchase an average of 2.72 tickets each, so we're talking about 1452 tickets accounted for.”

I bought one season ticket Starting with the spring 2015 season and it maintained it ever since. Having that one season ticket allowed me to buy eight tickets for the 2016 Olympic trials. I wonder if they will do the same again? That would potentially increase the number of “near the finish line” hopefuls to several thousand.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    I think a good number of locals will see this as a get rich quick opportunity and AirBnb will be loaded with offers. However, those who move first will probably pay a lot more than those who wait to book (see LA '84). Given that a typical WC involves little more than sleeping and going to the meet, a single room in a home just might be the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    We've discussed this before housing will be really bad I suspect.... most of the available hotels will probably go to folks connected with the meet. Eugene is not that big.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    I have housing arranged for 2021 but the ticket thing might just cause me to stay home and watch on tv.
    I would argue that housing will be a bigger issue than tickets, but all in all, 2021 will not be considered a "bargain" WC and 30,000 tickets will be swooped up quickly especially when one considers the crowds at recent OTs here which peaked out at 22,944 one day in 2016.

Leave a comment:

• thedoorknobbroke
    replied
    Originally posted by The Klingon View Post
    Could be scary???? I think it WILL be scary.
    I have housing arranged for 2021 but the ticket thing might just cause me to stay home and watch on tv.

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile....

I wonder what tickets and the policy will be like for 2021..... it could be scary...
    To the best of my knowledge, the IAAF will control the best seating. Perhaps someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong. Those of us who have sat finish line for years will almost surely not have those seats for the WCs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X