Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bruce3404
    replied
    They've certainly made this an interesting process and for us longtime season ticket holders (those in groups 1-4), there's a lot of consternation about separating groups of long term season seat holders (example: I'm in group 4 but several of my surrounding friends are in group 2). If you can maneuver into group 5, you should be fine and it'll only cost a $50 donation. According to the letter, the 534 folks in groups 1-5 purchase an average of 2.72 tickets each, so we're talking about 1452 tickets accounted for. The letter also indicates that there are approximately 1300 seats "near the finish line". Not sure how they define "near the finish line" and why they further go on to mention "Current season ticket holder accounts.....will have the ability to select seats in the lower level and/or in close proximity to the finish line". Hmmmm.....does the "or" part of that mean lower level near the start of the 200? Is the assumption that everyone wants to sit finish line in the lower level? Many of us won't want to sit lower level (though as previously mentioned, a large concern is rain and the roof--sounds like an old Lovin' Spoonful song) and a further group has always preferred mid-home stretch and a smaller group likes the backstretch. My feeling is that if one is in group 5, one is going to get good seats, though they may not be exactly what one wanted.

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile....

I wonder what tickets and the policy will be like for 2021..... it could be scary...
    Could be scary???? I think it WILL be scary.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile....

I wonder what tickets and the policy will be like for 2021..... it could be scary...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied

As for arranging housing...etc...I've heard somewhere that someone leads Tours to these things....maybe gh knows???

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/oregonducks/EN/buy/details/20tfapt

Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-08-2019, 04:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Ya'll are scaring me.. if this extortion/cam in effect for next years OTs? I have worked last seven OTS and was planning on attending next year as a spectator since I have outlived the Selection Committee and doubt they will be selecting any 90 year old officials...
    Truth is, I don't know how to obtain tickets, arrange housing or attend a track meet as a civilian.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Anyways...as BH says it costs nothing to sign up now and you do not have to register a credit card....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-08-2019, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Oregon Athletic Benefits

All rewards and benefits are awarded according to the priority point system. You must be a current member to have active points. Membership begins by making a minimum pledge of $50 to the DAF for the 2019 calendar year.

Goals

To reward longtime supporters of Oregon Athletics while allowing new donors to acquire appropriate seating and parking benefits in recognition of their support of student-athlete scholarships and other related athletic department expenses.

Priority Point Formula

1 point per $10: Current year unrestricted DAF donations
    1 point per $100: Lifetime athletic donations and restricted gifts
    1 point per $500: Deferred pledges
    1 point per consecutive year of season ticket purchases

Priority Calculations

There will be a special priority point calculation run for this event. The Hayward Field Priority Point Calculation will be run on April 19, 2019.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    It is $10 for 1 Priority Point (PP)..

As I mentioned you can get into Group 5 starting with a $50 donation to the Duck Athletics Fund ....you have until April 12th to do that... but I think that only applies if you're a former season ticket holder....Which I have never been...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-08-2019, 12:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    The University of Oregon are giving high priority to existing big contributors (the $10k - 50K folks plus long time ticket holders). If I read this right there are around 500+ folks with high priority ticketing options based on past purchases/donations plus 220 more who have already done what Conor and I did today to secure season tickets for 2020, giving some higher priority, and that's it. They probably haven't filled the place up yet.

https://static.goducks.com/custompag...dSTHLetter.pdf

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Probably $20,000 to $50,000 to get the best seats ....

And that doesn't include the price of the seats...
    For real???????

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Probably $20,000 to $50,000 to get the best seats ....

And that doesn't include the price of the seats...

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Also there are 6 groups of priority and to get into the top 4 you have to donate at least $10,000.....

Though it appears you can get into group 5 by donating $50...

Anyways if you want a seat near the finish line on the West Side.....have your Platinum card ready...
    10.000.00??? Platinum Cards??? Track and Field better be careful that they don't price themselves out, well, er never mind.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Also there are 6 groups of priority and to get into the top 4 you have to donate at least $10,000..... and $20,000 to get into the top 3...

Though it appears you can get into group 5 by donating $50...

Anyways if you want a seat near the finish line on the West Side.....have your Platinum card ready...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-07-2019, 10:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    From what I gather the final design is not even determined yet....remember there are suppose to be 17,500 temporary seats.... and only 12,500 permanent.... are they planning on 30,000 for the Trials? Who knows....

I suppose what will happen is what happens at Knight Arena....the top level is curtained off for the women's games...

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    GA1, GA6 and 47....Did you guys just purchase a season ticket, brand new season ticket or a renewal for you, Conor?
    Their website is not exactly clear on a lot of points. I believe I committed to buying a season ticket in 2020 (no cash out now, no purchase without notification) and am hoping when the details become available I can both change seats and get more than one. But I don't know that because their information is vague.

After all of the years that they have been running huge meets you'd think they come up with a system that the average semi-intelligent track fanboy could figure out, but no.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X