Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Did he really.... It's an empty lot now...

Is he planning to put it back together... What a toady...

Historic 15th and Agate...
    I gather that you misunderstood me. I've seen old footage of a building being taken apart brick by brick, like a LEGO house. A "humane" (for lack of another word) dismantling would have meant that the grandstand would have been taken apart plank by plank, before the frame itself was taken down, beam by beam. They used a bulldozer to run over the whole thing.

"Dismantling", indeed. This was a typical razing. :-(

Is it just me, or does the new stadium look like the place where the Paris DL meet was just held?

Comment

• D'OHHH! Then again, maybe you did understand me!

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      Did he really.... It's an empty lot now...
      Are you suggesting that, if they had dismantled it, piece by piece, they would still be taking the grandstand apart today, with the job of emptying the area perhaps only half-finished by now?
      Last edited by CookyMonzta; 07-04-2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• From ashes to ashes and dust to dust... Hayward Field is definitely no more...

Comment

• Well, they have a nice empty flat spot to build a new stadium now.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

Some in Eugene look on sadly...

Comment

• Version 3.0 of the redesign. They moved the tower and opened up the north end, plus a few other tweaks.

https://around.uoregon.edu/content/h...fan-experience
              Last edited by bad hammy; 07-11-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• It's not clear from that image where they'll put the circles for the long throws.

Comment

• if you compare that image to the current Hayward infield setup it's exactly the same as now, except that that the discus/hammer circle (singular) goes in the space on the East side beetween the lefthand shot area and the right hand vault pit. Nothing to see here... move along....

Comment

• Which puts the north horizontal jump pits in the landing zone for discus/hammer. In 2008(?) they put up a 2' high plastic picket safety fence.. discus skittered right through..

this version, btw , looks much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                      Which puts the north horizontal jump pits in the landing zone for discus/hammer. In 2008(?) they put up a 2' high plastic picket safety fence.. discus skittered right through..

this version, btw , looks much better.
                      fortunately the north horizontal pits (because of the prevailing winds) are rarely used.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                        fortunately the north horizontal pits (because of the prevailing winds) are rarely used.
                        True, but when they are used during discus competition it is prudent to station an official dedicated to calling "incoming".

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                          if you compare that image to the current Hayward infield setup it's exactly the same as now, except that that the discus/hammer circle (singular) goes in the space on the East side beetween the lefthand shot area and the right hand vault pit. Nothing to see here... move along....
                          I don't see what you're talking about but I do see 2 circles in the north end of the infield that look like possible discus circles.

Comment

• Still don't see any significant overhangs to protect fans from rain & sun . . .

Comment

• Indeed and where is the magical 17,000 going? Certainly not on the north end...still pretty vague....The Germans had a better idea of the DDay landings than we get from this announcement...and the Tower of Orthanc keeps moving around like a king on a chessboard...
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-11-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                I don't see what you're talking about but I do see 2 circles in the north end of the infield that look like possible discus circles.
                                Right...as if that drawing has any connection with the finished product....

Comment

Working...
                                X