• Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Hayward today...

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    I've heard the rumor/secret too, but I haven't seen it in print anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Any rumors about where Pre is to be held in 2019?
    it's the worst-kept secret in the world!

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    None I heard so far.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Any rumors about where Pre is to be held in 2019?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    To me the most interesting part of the video was the footage near the beginning of the video showing what the completed project is supposed to look like. I continue to be concerned that the roof will not cover nearly as great a percentage of the seats as the current roof does, particularly in the seating along the home straight. It's not just a matter of exposure to rain, but also the acoustics. The low roof, covering most of the grandstands, magnifies the crowd noise and I think is a big part of the the great ambiance that we've enjoyed at Hayward. I'm not sure that the buzz can be quite the same with the new roof.
    Points Tinker Hatfield brought up before....

That cartoon of the final product is still the only item anyone involved has put out. There are still lots of unanswered questions....

At this stage I don't really care. Though I will say the Knight Arena nearby is quite nice inside... parking though is pretty lousy ....and that's for the women's games that get 5000.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 12-09-2018, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Not being an architect, engineer, or builder, I don't find this very interesting. Obviously, there's a lot of work going on. No surprise there.

To me the most interesting part of the video was the footage near the beginning of the video showing what the completed project is supposed to look like. I continue to be concerned that the roof will not cover nearly as great a percentage of the seats as the current roof does, particularly in the seating along the home straight. It's not just a matter of exposure to rain, but also the acoustics. The low roof, covering most of the grandstands, magnifies the crowd noise and I think is a big part of the the great ambiance that we've enjoyed at Hayward. I'm not sure that the buzz can be quite the same with the new roof.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Yes, that is interesting....

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp10qF945Qg

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Mt SAC has been progressing just fine. I don't know where they stand in court right now, but the construction has continued unabated, and I bet they are done before TrackTown.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    Meanwhile, they're still in court in Walnut.
    Say what?

https://public.earthcam.net/stadium#...ct/East%20Hill

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Marching along pretty well.....weather has cooperated...

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Today's view from the Law Library...

That's a lot of progress since I drove by two weeks ago. Meanwhile, they're still in court in Walnut.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Today's view from the Law Library...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    This might help...

University of Oregon planning multi-story parking garage

https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...parking-garage

Leave a comment:

Working...