Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile.... I think the last time it rained in town was the final event at Hayward Field... The last day of the NCAAs...

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    woohoo!

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    It's a $30 each-way taxi ride to the track for me, so I'm interested to see what an uber ride into town will be.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Uber back in town...

https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...-next-thursday

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    In the 70s and 80s a lot of small settlements in valleys of the Cascades and elsewhere had really bad air quality because of people burning softwood fuel, often a bit green, in old-style wood-burning stoves. The put in a graduated set of requirements for selling new stoves that improved the air quality substantially in those locales. We heated entirely with (dried, aged) hardwood when I was at Oregon State.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Your weekly Hayward update...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I see Corvallis is even worse today....

Yes knock on wood about the lack of fires in the Willamette Valley....so dry...my giant Sequoia is getting brown needles...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-21-2018, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    As noted like the field burning days in the 70s....I tried to imagine trying to do a 4:00 mile like Pre did in September 1974....made me ill just thinking of it.

Yes today is a air warning day.

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Lotta places in Oregon have unhealthy air these days, as do plenty of other places, thanks to fires. Report is Eugene should be in the red zone later today. We have it easy - I'll take the smoke over the actual fire any day.

https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/home/map
    Last edited by bad hammy; 08-21-2018, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Yesterday we could barely see Pikes Peak from down in the Springs (12 miles as the crow flies) due to the haze from all the fires.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Like the old field burning days in Eugene today.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Busiest day yet... Talked to one of the guys in charge... No piles needed..

And the smoke from California is quite extensive today...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Oops... The homestretch is gone...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile...

Digging at Hayward continues... Track still there...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    "For most of the remaining materials, an advisory committee comprised of campus and community stakeholders will be established to develop a public engagement process...

Creating this committee is part of fulfilling the commitment the University of Oregon has made to the Eugene City Council, the State Historical Preservation Office and the broader community,” said Matt Roberts, the UO’s senior director of community relations...."

That's rich...after steamrolling everyone with their secrecy.... Now they will have a public engagement process....how nice of them...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-16-2018, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X