Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    The view today.... Lots of dirt... Didn't clean the track today... The end is nigh...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-12-2018, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I thought so....they really dug deep yesterday....

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    e-mail from a Eugene subscriber (I don't know him) today:

<<I was surprised to see construction activity (excavation) today Saturday.

A construction person came over to chat.

Some tidbits...

K&E Excavation was averaging 750 cubic yards dirt removal per hour yesterday (60-75 dump truck loads per hour out), and the trucks were also bringing in gravel fill. !!!!

The track, which the trucks have using as a convenient highway, will be removed in ~ 1 week.

Pilings will start to go in in ~ 2 weeks.

Your Hayward Field construction site whisperer.....>>

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    That makes sense...also saves time...The infield hasn't changed either...

Though with all the trucks driving over it I wonder what it will be like...
    My first thought..

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    That makes sense...also saves time...The infield hasn't changed either...

Though with all the trucks driving over it I wonder what it will be like...

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    It appears they plan to keep the track... They actually washed it down today... I presume they will resurface it...
    my guess/bet is that it's resurfaced in late '20 so that there's a brand-new state-of-the-art oval in place for the WC. i suspect it has been many a year since a WC wasn't staged on an oval that hadn't been redone in the previous "year"

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    It appears they plan to keep the track... They actually washed it down today... I presume they will resurface it...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I nominated the University President....'My Precious...'

Though I don't see him climbing Giant Sequoias in the dark...besides those are his buddies, the Toffs up there...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-01-2018, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Ooh! To carry on Conor's Lord of the Rings analogy.....treehouse platforms....Gollum can sneak up to them in the dark like he did in Lothlorien (though we never really identified a good, sneaky, sniveling Gollum, did we?)

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    With ziplines between the treehouse platforms.
    Anything so the Toffs won't have to mingle with the riff raff for 9 days...

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    this explains how they'll meet seating requirements; they're building treehouses in each of the 2021 Sequoias and calling them "sky boxes"
    With ziplines between the treehouse platforms.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    I am on my feet from before 4 and might not leave until after 10, with only minimal sitting (when I have to fill in starting sheets).
    Ha - you're doing it wrong! I have a very nice canopied folding chair and am seated 90% of the time. Ya make the peon kids do the crossbar and standards. The only time I've stood that long was at the NCAA Regionals (I'm sorry . . . the 'Preliminaries') and I'm the dude with the flag on the runway making my sagacious decisions on whether the bar fell off or not. The Power!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    this explains how they'll meet seating requirements; they're building treehouses in each of the 2021 Sequoias and calling them "sky boxes"

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    I was trying to think about times that I stand for a long time. Then I realized that when I officiate (PV) a local (Wisconsin Track Club) summer meet I am on my feet from before 4 and might not leave until after 10, with only minimal sitting (when I have to fill in starting sheets).

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Read his post again
    Oh dear... But then again it wouldn't surprise me that the folks running the show thought the trees, along with standing for 9 days, would really be something in 3 years...

But by 2061 they will be great...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-01-2018, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X