Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forget the snow: pouring concrete in cold weather (cold = sub-50 by this metric) is problematic.

https://www.powerblanket.com/blog/ef...-cold-weather/

Comment

• Oh dear.... we're doomed...

The Vikings stadium was built in just over 2 years....and the temperature there is like -100F on good days....meanwhile last year in Eugene it rarely had highs below 50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Personally I've never seen snow in Eugene.
        In my three years here it has snowed at least a little bit every year, but only once did it snow enough (the ice storm) to slow down the average construction job any more than a cold rain would. Usually whatever snow falls mostly melts on contact.
        Last edited by bad hammy; 11-05-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• After the huge blizzard in Eugene officials look for what was left of Hayward Field....

Comment

• The one guy is telling gh, still in the tent, that he might not want to venture out in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt....

Comment

• Meanwhile...today...

And the 500th post on this thread!
              Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-10-2018, 12:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                Snow? In Eugene?

I'll ask next time I run into a construction guy...but I suspect the weather won't affect the pace...never stopped them in snowy cold Minnesota or Illinois...

by the way where did this report of being ahead of schedule come from?
                This is very much not the case. Weather has a major effect. What you often see are projects that can be done in cold/snowy weather and when they are working with a lot of rain it is typically on a subset of the project. They are just finishing a complete reconstruction of Monroe Street, a major artery into downtown Madison which is 50 meters from me. Rain has caused a lot of delay and they have been working many weekend days and in to the evening (a couple hours after sunset and now it has been pretty cold, 40s and then 30s). The last three days have been slowed because it has been below freezing with wind chills rarely even in the twenties. Hard to do construction on major roads in the core of Madison because of the lakes, the Arboretum some marsh areas the Capitol and UW-Madison all in a tight bunch. But, hey, it is supposed to be ten degrees warmer for the NCAA XC in a week.

Comment

• A change of scenery on Veteran's Day...sunset on the Willamette River...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-12-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Nice. I have a couple of nice sunrise pics there from a bike ride in 2016.

Comment

• i hope you were facing the other way

Comment

• Ya. Not sure it's the same bridge. Footbridge over to Alton Baker Park from just north of Agate?

Comment

• I believe we have a match.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.0515...7i13312!8i6656
                          Last edited by DrJay; 11-12-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                            Ya. Not sure it's the same bridge. Footbridge over to Alton Baker Park from just north of Agate?
                            Drive straight on Agate across Franklin.... and the footbridge is a tad north...same bridge used in 1976 Olympic Trials marathon...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                              Indeed! The same spot Shorter and Rodgers are at....bridge looks the same from 1976....
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-12-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Sunset on Hayward Field...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-18-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X