Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun color, unfortuantely, perhaps somewhat enhanced by NorCal fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      sun color, unfortuantely, perhaps somewhat enhanced by NorCal fire.
      Better now than a few days ago...but yeah...and a sad reminder...

From the 3rd floor in the Law library...the best vantage point so far....so will try to keep shooting from here.
      Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-19-2018, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

From the 3rd floor in the Law library...the best vantage point so far....so will try to keep shooting from here.
        And, of course, the East Grandstand vantage point

Comment

• Indeed....now it looks like a cemetery....of the fallen East Grandstand Supporters in the battle of 15th and Agate...

On Hayward Field
          Where the poppies grow...
          Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-19-2018, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• This might help...

University of Oregon planning multi-story parking garage

https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...parking-garage

Comment

• Today's view from the Law Library...

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                Today's view from the Law Library...

That's a lot of progress since I drove by two weeks ago. Meanwhile, they're still in court in Walnut.

Comment

• Marching along pretty well.....weather has cooperated...

Comment

• Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                    Meanwhile, they're still in court in Walnut.
                    Say what?

https://public.earthcam.net/stadium#...ct/East%20Hill

Comment

• Mt SAC has been progressing just fine. I don't know where they stand in court right now, but the construction has continued unabated, and I bet they are done before TrackTown.

Comment

• Interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp10qF945Qg

Comment

• Yes, that is interesting....

Comment

• Not being an architect, engineer, or builder, I don't find this very interesting. Obviously, there's a lot of work going on. No surprise there.

To me the most interesting part of the video was the footage near the beginning of the video showing what the completed project is supposed to look like. I continue to be concerned that the roof will not cover nearly as great a percentage of the seats as the current roof does, particularly in the seating along the home straight. It's not just a matter of exposure to rain, but also the acoustics. The low roof, covering most of the grandstands, magnifies the crowd noise and I think is a big part of the the great ambiance that we've enjoyed at Hayward. I'm not sure that the buzz can be quite the same with the new roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                              To me the most interesting part of the video was the footage near the beginning of the video showing what the completed project is supposed to look like. I continue to be concerned that the roof will not cover nearly as great a percentage of the seats as the current roof does, particularly in the seating along the home straight. It's not just a matter of exposure to rain, but also the acoustics. The low roof, covering most of the grandstands, magnifies the crowd noise and I think is a big part of the the great ambiance that we've enjoyed at Hayward. I'm not sure that the buzz can be quite the same with the new roof.
                              Points Tinker Hatfield brought up before....

That cartoon of the final product is still the only item anyone involved has put out. There are still lots of unanswered questions....

At this stage I don't really care. Though I will say the Knight Arena nearby is quite nice inside... parking though is pretty lousy ....and that's for the women's games that get 5000.
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 12-09-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• Any rumors about where Pre is to be held in 2019?

Comment

Working...
                                X