Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I nearly died laughing when I heard the C of C rep on TV spouting the same nonsense. Perhaps she assumed that we would have a 1000 mile subway system and a massive rail network in the next few years? No one in their right mind would stay in Portland. Between driving and finding parking that could involve a daily 5 hour commute
    I could imagine people staying in Portland for a day....but all week or 10 days....yes...forget it...

And the 'beautiful' drive between Eugene and Oakridge was closed today because of a landslide...

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      I could imagine people staying in Portland for a day....but all week or 10 days....yes...forget it...

And the 'beautiful' drive between Eugene and Oakridge was closed today because of a landslide...
      Anyone who attends all sessions isn't going to want a 2 hour plus RT from Florence, either. I don't think the local C of C factors in the energy expended in attending the WCs, especially when much of the fan base is eligible for social security.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Good thing my sister lives 10 minutes from the stadium!!

Comment

• Here's a video of the consruction site, as of a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHIdFwV5t48

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            Here's a video of the consruction site, as of a few days ago.
            Slowly but surely. You can begin to see the finished structure. Cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
              I nearly died laughing when I heard the C of C rep on TV spouting the same nonsense. Perhaps she assumed that we would have a 1000 mile subway system and a massive rail network in the next few years? No one in their right mind would stay in Portland. Between driving and finding parking that could involve a daily 5 hour commute
              Just caught up on these posts. That's lunacy. I had friends (non-track fans) who attended the Barcelona Olympics. Their accommodations were way the hell away from the venues. It was planes, trains, and automobiles morning and evening for them for 10 days or more. They'd have to get up at about 6am, travel, spectate till 9pm or 10pm, then reverse it, get to bed at like 1:00am, then get up and do it all over again. I'd rather sleep in a sleeping bag in Hendricks Park for 10 days than commute from an hour or more away.

Comment

• Sorry but it's illegal to camp in Hendricks Park....

Accommodation for the World Championships is going to be something....there really isn't that much...

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                  Just caught up on these posts. That's lunacy. I had friends (non-track fans) who attended the Barcelona Olympics. Their accommodations were way the hell away from the venues. It was planes, trains, and automobiles morning and evening for them for 10 days or more. They'd have to get up at about 6am, travel, spectate till 9pm or 10pm, then reverse it, get to bed at like 1:00am, then get up and do it all over again......
                  Welcome to the wonderful world of Olympic tourism. T&FN tour in Barcelona stayed about 60M out of town. We'd indeed get home around midnight, head over to McDonalds for a late supper (gazpacho in a paper milk carton and a cerveza!).

Comment

• 60 miles from Eugene wouldn't be that bad...but there isn't that much within that radius...

And the smaller roads have occasional delays...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-25-2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                      Welcome to the wonderful world of Olympic tourism. T&FN tour in Barcelona stayed about 60M out of town. We'd indeed get home around midnight, head over to McDonalds for a late supper (gazpacho in a paper milk carton and a cerveza!).
                      but most T&FN tours aren't like that, are they?

Comment

• Originally posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
                        but most T&FN tours aren't like that, are they?
                        WC tours no, but the Olympics are a different matter. in Munich I stayed near the Austrian border, a good hour out of Munich. Many people had long commutes in both LA and Atlanta. Sydney was close to an hour away.

Comment

• Eugene Park Rules...

https://homelessineugene.wordpress.c...19/park-rules/

Comment

• Make your RV park reservations now!

Comment

• Conor, tried to private message you but you inbox is full.

Comment

• Really....

Anyways just send an email... c.truedson at gmail dot com

Comment

Working...
                                X