Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Hayward Field Seating FAQ page:

Will the roof provide shade or just protection from the rain?
    • There are approximately 5,935 seats in covered locations around the stadium and an additional 1,977 standing room locations undercover. The roof will cover approximately the top 7-10 rows of the 200 level on the west and south ends, and all of the rows on the east end. 4 rows of the 100 level on the east end are also covered.
    • The roof is translucent and will protect from wind, rain and defuse the direct sun.
    https://goducks.com/sports/2019/2/18/205174795

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
      From the Hayward Field Seating FAQ page:

Will the roof provide shade or just protection from the rain?
      • There are approximately 5,935 seats in covered locations around the stadium and an additional 1,977 standing room locations undercover. The roof will cover approximately the top 7-10 rows of the 200 level on the west and south ends, and all of the rows on the east end. 4 rows of the 100 level on the east end are also covered.
      • The roof is translucent and will protect from wind, rain and defuse the direct sun.
      https://goducks.com/sports/2019/2/18/205174795
      I'm not sure that's what they meant 🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Oh dear...

Anyways what about the south end. I sat there in 2016 not bad at all. ....
        Anybody here old enough to have seen/remember a time when Hayward's prime reason for being was as the football stadium (last game in '66), and the South stands were actually on the infield? There were great moments of mystery when it came to last-lap kicking battles. The field would take off at the bell, then disappear behind the stands for 15-odd seconds and then emerge at the head of the straight on the East side, with order perhaps not at all resembling what it had been when last seen.

(they were gone when I first competed at Hayward in '68)

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

Anybody here old enough to have seen/remember a time when Hayward's prime reason for being was as the football stadium (last game in '66), and the South stands were actually on the infield? There were great moments of mystery when it came to last-lap kicking battles. The field would take off at the bell, then disappear behind the stands for 15-odd seconds and then emerge at the head of the straight on the East side, with order perhaps not at all resembling what it had been when last seen.

(they were gone when I first competed at Hayward in '68)
          That would be cool...imagine all the shenanigans going on out of sight....

Potts indoor in Boulder was like that...the first turn was under the stands...

Comment

• Also reminds me of Echo Summit. Only those were trees, not stands.

Comment

• My biggest claim to T&F shame: the 1320 leg of the distance medley at the 1975 El Cerrito Relays, run at a school with a squished oblong with football stands inside the track on the back stretch. Long story short it was the only race of mine my father saw, sitting on the homestretch. On my last lap I went behind the backstretch stands with a huge lead, then while I was behind the stands I did the dumbass "distance runner never carries a baton" thing, bounced the sucker off my thigh and by the time I picked it up and the pack came out from behind the stands I was in last.

It was a bit painful at the time but not a huge deal to me - stuff happens and this was the El Cerrito Relays, not the Oly games. It did give my dad a big laugh every time he told the story of it until he died, which use to bug me a bit but in retrospect I'm glad he was amused.
              Last edited by bad hammy; 06-27-2020, 04:07 AM.

Comment

• an excerpt here from Geoff Hollister's Nike book Out Of Nowhere in which he talks about the South stands

https://books.google.com/books?id=ta...ngBell&f=false

Comment

• apparently they're naming the food kiosks: photos sent by a reader....

Ashton's Eating.jpegEnglish's Garden.jpegBarb's Waffle House.jpeg

Ashton's Eating, English's Garden, Barb's Waffle House

Comment

• Down near the south end.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

2 years ago today....

Comment

• Where can you find tickets?

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
                          Where can you find tickets?
                          To what may I ask?

Comment

To what may I ask?
                            World Champs in Oregon! Someone has got to be selling or died from COVID - sorry to say (maybe!)

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

World Champs in Oregon! Someone has got to be selling or died from COVID - sorry to say (maybe!)
                              Oh that...yes that is still a go....at least so far...But nothing has been released when tickets sales will be available. Probably nothing until next year.

Comment

Oh that...yes that is still a go....at least so far...But nothing has been released when tickets sales will be available. Probably nothing until next year.
                                Would really love to go! To bad there isn't sign-ups with deposit. Living in S. California there is not much other than Carson. This would be a treat!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X