Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I have a friend in England whose son is running next week...I told her if he wants a cheering section I'd go!

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    300 now allowed in outdoors stadiums in Lane County...
    From an email I received today from U of O:

The updated Oregon Health Authority guidance permitting outdoor venues to host a limited number of guests is a positive move forward, and in this rapidly changing environment, the safety of our student-athletes and community remains our top priority.

As an initial step forward, we will be welcoming back families and guests of our student-athletes and coaches at University of Oregon outdoor sporting events. Because of the high number of participating student-athletes, coaches, staff and safety protocols in place, we will not be able to allow fans outside of guests of student-athletes and coaches at this point.

We remain in close collaboration with the UO Incident Management Team on a measured, incremental approach as we move forward and will keep Oregon Track & Field season ticket holders informed as this process continues. When we are able to expand attendance to season ticket holders, additional information on health and safety protocols and our ticket allocation process will be provided.

General updates on the status of attendance policies within our outdoor venues are available here.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Not great news for spectators at the Trials...

Oregon won't yet commit to Biden's plan to make all adults eligible for vaccines by May 1

Oregon is currently receiving about 126,000 first doses per week, said Patrick Allen, director of the Oregon Health Authority.

The state’s current eligibility plan is based on that ramping up to 200,000 per week this month, Allen said.

Oregon would need to receive 300,000 to 400,000 doses per week to make all adults eligible for vaccines by May 1, he said.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...-1/4671833001/
    They seem to be picking up speed. I think Gov. Brown is now committed to the Biden goal.

on a personal note, I get my first shot tomorrow morning.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    300 now allowed in outdoors stadiums in Lane County...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    I noticed on a drive-by yesterday that almost all of the construction fencing is now gone.
    That's been true for quite awhile...the gate entrance is still blocked off even though they are running on the track...The track people enter near the south end on Agate....

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    I noticed on a drive-by yesterday that almost all of the construction fencing is now gone.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    The first meet at Hayward 2 is next week....no details except Boise State is running....

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile....

Everyone over the age of 16 in Oregon will be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination by May 1, according to the Oregon Health Authority and a spokesperson for Gov. Kate Brown.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...-1/4741452001/

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    It was the Tokyo Financial Times reporter who called them the Schrödinger Olympics....they are both dead and alive...
    Every time I look, that cat is alive!

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    The Japanese organizers sure seem dead (npi) set on it.
    True....but it seems completely in their character to act like the Games are on and then one day they aren't...

It was the Tokyo Financial Times reporter who called them the Schrödinger Olympics....they are both dead and alive...

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    if there is an OG or not
    The Japanese organizers sure seem dead (npi) set on it.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post

my PERSONAL guesstimate is that in the last couple of weeks we have passed the 50-50 point (regardless if there is an OG or not)
    I agree with that...still not sure about the Olympics but we should be ready for a big meet here in June.... how many spectators is something else....even though I have tickets I'm on the volunteer list!

The US is really flying on vaccines....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-15-2021, 02:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Of course, that assumes we even have the OT.
    my PERSONAL guesstimate is that in the last couple of weeks we have passed the 50-50 point (regardless if there is an OG or not)

Leave a comment:

• Halfmiler2
    replied
    Of course, that assumes we even have the OT.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Unless there is a big boost in vaccines here I don't see spectators at the Trials....family members only most likely...

We'll know more in a month....

As for having been vaccinated the science is still out on whether vaccinated people can transmit....they most likely don't...but I also don't see the governor risking it on current information.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-13-2021, 06:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X