Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ticket deal should prove interesting. There are only 12,500 seats in the stadium. And then the Mount Everest of the temporary stands on the north turn.

With officials, athletes families and what not taking a boatload of the good seats who knows what will be available.

Meanwhile housing will be nonexistent.

If you really want to go I'd sign up for the T&FNews tour. Which you can do now I believe. Anything else is just a crap shoot at this point.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 08-25-2020, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      The ticket deal should prove interesting. There are only 12,500 seats in the stadium. And then the Mount Everest of the temporary stands on the north turn.

With officials, athletes families and what not taking a boatload of the good seats who knows what will be available.

Meanwhile housing will be nonexistent.

If you really want to go I'd sign up for the T&FNews tour. Which you can do now I believe. Anything else is just a crap shoot at this point.
      Exactly. Getting good seats to the OTs was hard enough - now the T&F teams and honchos from the whole world will get seats. And if we're still socially distancing then how many tickets will be available?

I live in Eugene and signed up for the T&FN tour just to ensure stress-free access to seats in the bowl instead of temp seats on Mt. Phil. (They're still claiming that there will be 15,000 or so temp seats on the sliver of land that is the second turn, which should make it taller than Phil's Phallus and no place I want to be when people are jumping up and down cheering.)

Of course everything is now a tad up in the air.
      Last edited by bad hammy; 08-26-2020, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• could someone tell me the intended permanent seats at this Stadium as opposed to the lash up intended for the worlds.

Comment

• the number of seats i meant.

Comment

• As I said..12,500 seats.

Comment

• Meanwhile....

I talked to one of the guards at Hayward. Pretty friendly...I asked where the yellow seats went. And it turns out they are used in the glass enclosed sky boxes between the upper and lower levels on the south turn. You can see them from the north end.

Comment

• 88-year-old Otis Davis, former world record holder in the 400 meters and U of Oregon’s first athlete to win an Olympic gold medal, gets a tour of the new Hayward Field, where his likeness is etched onto the 10-story tower.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...ld/5722344002/ otis davis.JPG

Comment

• I love this photograph.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                    I love this photograph.
                    It is very evocative indeed.

Comment

• I've seen that picture a hundred times now. I must confess that up until today I thought it was Harry Jerome. Oops!

Comment

• I think Harry Jerome died almost 38 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                          I think Harry Jerome died almost 38 years ago.
                          Pre died 45 years ago and Bowerman years ago and they are both on the top of the Tower so what point are you trying to make?

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                            I've seen that picture a hundred times now. I must confess that up until today I thought it was Harry Jerome. Oops!
                            I'm guessing that DRB was referring to the 'I've seen that picture' comment. The picture with Otis Davis is new in today's paper; his silhouette on the tower is what you've seen a hundred times.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

I'm guessing that DRB was referring to the 'I've seen that picture' comment. The picture with Otis Davis is new in today's paper; his silhouette on the tower is what you've seen a hundred times.
                              Oh that. Yes I meant the picture on the Tower. That Davis photo only ran today.

I knew Jerome died in 1982. 43...sad. The indoor track in the Student Rec Center has a large photo and story on Jerome on the wall that is impossible to miss....Until Covid-19 appeared I ran in there often.
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-06-2020, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• unacceptable use of copyrighted material removed; easy enough to ID what the topic is and include an URL. This particular Otis Davis piece has been linked on our home page since early this morning.
                                Last edited by gh; 09-06-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X