X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Which reminds me, we walked around Oregon State's campus last year, the day after Prefontaine. Signs outside the football stadium caution that is against the rules to bring into the stadium chainsaws and live beavers.
    Us cow collegers got common sense.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    ...for entertainment between events the toffs in the seats could throw things at the groundlings...peanuts, perhaps...
    Rotten cabbage, tomatoes.

Which reminds me, we walked around Oregon State's campus last year, the day after Prefontaine. Signs outside the football stadium caution that is against the rules to bring into the stadium chainsaws and live beavers.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    My wife and I were in the (standing) mosh pit for a Kings of Leon concert last year. Exhilarating, but exhausting. Not doing that again.
    Brings back memories. Did that at quite a few gigs in London in the late 80s & early 90s. On one or two occasions things were a bit too lively for my liking and I spent most of the first song moving away from the stage.

Also one of the few bands to have emerged since 2000 that I'd really like to see.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    I don't think I've ever stood through a sports event. Heck, I don't even like bench seating--seats without backs. The new Hayward will be a much more comfortable place for me to sit and watch a track meet. You won't find me in the standing section.
    I see... it's alright for the little people to have to stand..."I have a seat!" Out of my way you peasant!

Perhaps the New Hayward should be designed like the Globe Theatre in London....covered seating...with groundlings standing in the sun and rain...for entertainment between events the toffs in the seats could throw things at the groundlings...peanuts, perhaps...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-30-2018, 07:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Coaches tend to stand for most of regular meets, and I have done my share of 8-10 hour days that way. I certainly wouldn't want to do so if I was just spectating!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X