Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gm
    replied
    Coaches tend to stand for most of regular meets, and I have done my share of 8-10 hour days that way. I certainly wouldn't want to do so if I was just spectating!

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    I don't think I've ever stood through a sports event. Heck, I don't even like bench seating--seats without backs. The new Hayward will be a much more comfortable place for me to sit and watch a track meet. You won't find me in the standing section.
    My wife and I were in the (standing) mosh pit for a Kings of Leon concert last year. Exhilarating, but exhausting. Not doing that again.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    I don't think I've ever stood through a sports event. Heck, I don't even like bench seating--seats without backs. The new Hayward will be a much more comfortable place for me to sit and watch a track meet. You won't find me in the standing section.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    Standing 90 minutes for a soccer game is a lot more doable than standing nine hours for a track meet.
    I have spectated standing up at track meets but I have often leant against the perimeter fence around the track and, on a long day, it has been interspersed with sitting (in a small spectator stand, on a deckchair or blanket) or walking around to look at results, get an ice cream, drink etc.

Standing at a soccer game is good fun as long as the fans behave reasonably well and the police/stewards ensure that the numbers in a specific area are within safe limits and the stadium is in decent condition. Hillsborough failed on the last 2 counts but the dreadful South Yorkshire Police tried to point the blame at the first one. Rant over!

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Standing 90 minutes for a soccer game is a lot more doable than standing nine hours for a track meet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X