Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post
    what's that at the bottom of the screen as the video begins?
    That's my point - I want that too!

and now I see there's a third one underneath!!!!!!
    Last edited by Atticus; 10-03-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• Here's the entire video as produced yesterday. May be a bit long for some at 38 minutes, but pretty detailed. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF29Rmblb_I/

Comment

• Recruiting will be a lot easier. Reminds me of the football center.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Recruiting will be a lot easier. Reminds me of the football center.
          That's a fact! Who wouldn't want to run at Hayward and share that locker room? I ran at Ohio State 50+ years ago. We thought it was amazing that we got to take over the football locker room after they moved off-campus. Whirlpools, wow! Now I think about how dingy that place was, though it was cool to walk from locker room into a massive, empty football stadium.

Comment

• Of course Minnesota built a fancy track facility and 2 years later got rid of men's track.

Comment

• Finally got to touch Hayward Field. Soccer fields to the west are open and could get up close and look down into the indoor track area. Cool indeed.

Comment

• Comment

• Probably shouldn't admit it, but I took a midnight lap on Sunday. It's so stunningly beautiful and while I'm a bit of a homer, I think it might be the most beautiful stadium of any sport in the US. Y'all are going to be blown away when a meet is finally held there. The photos, drone shots, etc don't do it justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Born To Run View Post
                    ...., I think it might be the most beautiful stadium of any sport in the US. ....
                    Some thought it already was! :-)

Comment

• The old Hayward was definitely one of the top places to watch a meet..

But the new one is amazing. Perfect size...track right next to the stands. It is gorgeous.

It is the one reason why I think Nike will support track in some way. Uncle Phil is going to want something in that stadium on some long-term basis.

Comment

• Not sure this has been posted anywhere yet, but just got an email with future NCAA T&F championship sites....2021 thru 2027 all at Hayward except for 2023 in Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                          Not sure this has been posted anywhere yet, but just got an email with future NCAA T&F championship sites....2021 thru 2027 all at Hayward except for 2023 in Austin.
                          Yes , I saw that.

Hip, Hip, Hooray for Austin. !!!!!!

Boooooo!!! Hissssss!! for Eugene!!! But, alas, it is what it is. I am just gonna have to get over it. Woe is me.

Comment

• A half mile north of Hayward across Franklin they built a huge 5 story parking garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                              A half mile north of Hayward across Franklin they built a huge 5 story parking garage.
                              Still located south of the river ?

Comment

• Yes....where Agate Street ends just north of Franklin. Very easy walk from Hayward.
                                Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-16-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X