X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Merner521 View Post
    I guess you could make a killing putting your place up on airbnb that week if you can't stand to attend the meet.
    Oh dear...Nothing would make me happier than the meet is a huge success and the new stadium is the best thing that ever happened in this town...

I'm looking forward to the meet..I'll probably volunteer in some way.. .. I think it would have been wise to save the East Grandstand for various practical reasons...nostalgia the very least... But what is done is done...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-25-2018, 03:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Merner521
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I don't see your point exactly....those are big metropolitan areas and folks still have to travel far...

Anyways I am not trying to argue about it or criticize....or whether the meet should be here...that ship has sailed...just an observation....just curious how far people might have to travel every day...not often a big event like this is staged in such a small city...

I presume practically everything in town will be taken by people connected to the meet...
    I guess you could make a killing putting your place up on airbnb that week if you can't stand to attend the meet.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I don't see your point exactly....those are big metropolitan areas and folks still have to travel far...

Anyways I am not trying to argue about it or criticize....or whether the meet should be here...that ship has sailed...just an observation....just curious how far people might have to travel every day...not often a big event like this is staged in such a small city...

I presume practically everything in town will be taken by people connected to the meet...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-25-2018, 02:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I5 will be well used....reserve your rooms in Salem now...
    have you ever been to a World Championships? Guess how far/long away from the stadium fans have been in places like Beijing, Tokyo, Paris, Rome and London. Nobody expects a WC to be a walkup meet (although Göteborg and Helsinki were close).

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    And the pin set...on sale now...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-25-2018, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X