Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headline -Will the New Hayward Field Help RECRUITING for All Sports?

https://fishduck.com/2020/10/will-th...or-all-sports/

Comment

• Meanwhile, back at Old Hayward Field:

Oregon accepting public proposals for remaining Hayward Field salvage materials

Historic Hayward Field has been torn down and replaced, but that doesn’t mean it’s gone. Not all of it anyway.

Before the old stadium was razed in June 2018, it was stripped clean of everything worth saving and then some.

Much was put into Hayward Hall — a 4,000-square foot museum inside the $200 million new stadium — or sprinkled throughout the new Hayward Field itself or other spots around the University of Oregon campus.

Plenty of pieces remain, however, and Oregon is ready to hand them over to the public — if the offer is right.

Now through Dec. 1, Oregon is accepting proposals on how to best use the remaining salvaged materials in ways that are creative and for the public view.

An advisory committee made up of representatives from several organizations with ties to Hayward Field, the University of Oregon, historic preservation and the Oregon track and field program will determine which proposal or proposals are accepted and where the materials will go.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...ts/5988258002/

Comment

• Meanwhile....Nike is opening their new store in Eugene this month....and you can only guess who the promotional picture is....

I was a huge fan of Pre ....but I've never seen any company or sport live so much in the past...

Comment

• Their marketing department need to change it up ...

How about, "Nike. Glamorising drunk drivers for 45 years" ?

Or perhaps, "Nike. Supporting plucky 4th-placers since 1975" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
            Their marketing department need to change it up ...
            How about, "Nike. Glamorising drunk drivers for 45 years" ?
            Or perhaps, "Nike. Supporting plucky 4th-placers since 1975" ?
            Obviously, you don't get it, which is fine, but I'm wondering why you feel the need to be so nasty about it.
            Make KINDNESS, not nastiness, a resolution for the new year.

Comment

• Indeed....

Comment

• Just a bit of fun, I didn't mean to come across as nasty. Apologies.

Comment

• To be fair to Nike, Pre only seems to feature heavily in their marketing for t&f in the US. In other sports and in t&f in other countries, he doesn't really figure.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                    Just a bit of fun, I didn't mean to come across as nasty. Apologies.
                    Accepted! 😀
                    We have enough 'nasty' with the pandemic already - we can all be resolved to not add to it.
                    I sometimes fall short too . . . 😥

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                      To be fair to Nike, Pre only seems to feature heavily in their marketing for t&f in the US. In other sports and in t&f in other countries, he doesn't really figure.
                      Yeah....frankly I can't think of anyone better....

Besides they are selling a brand not a sport....I doubt Nike would care if few of the shoppers ever went to Hayward...

Comment

• Has anyone seen/heard anything about the construction and/or configuration of the temporary seats that were supposed to increase capacity to the 25000 range. I would think at the very least the layout of the temporary seats would have to be settled on before they start selling tickets for 2022 World Champs. Often that seems to happen roughly a year out. Obviously we are not in a "normal" circumstance, but still wondering.

Comment

• *If* they have the Worlds in 2022, and *if* the state of Orygun allows any spectators, perhaps the state will still be stuck on a cap of 25% or 50% occupancy, meaning that perhaps there will only be 3,000 to 12,000 people allowed. I know I must sound very pessimistic to think that there still might be restrictions a year and a half from now, but in March 2020, who would have thought that events scheduled for summer 2021 would still be in doubt? 😷😓

Comment

• Headline - University of Oregon’s Lavish Nike-Fueled Track Stadium Cost $270 Million*

Sub-headline - According to an appraisal. Lead donor Phil Knight’s preference for privacy means the public doesn’t know the actual cost of Hayward Field’s controversial overhaul.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oregon-...ld-11615169965

(Behind WSJ paywall)

Comment

• Not surprising at all on the costs watching it be built day to day. It's pretty spectacular.

Now if they will just let us in....

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                                Headline - University of Oregon’s Lavish Nike-Fueled Track Stadium Cost $270 Million*
                                From the un-firewalled snippet I read it sounds like they're giving it a negative slant. Considering it was mostly paid for by Phil instead of the public I don't see what the problem is. Comparing it to UA's facility is patently ridiculous; it's not a track with stands, it's a full-blown modern high-tech sports stadium. A more apt comparison is the SF Warrior's new Chase Arena with 19,000 seats at a cost of $1.4 bil (not to mention all the concessions SF made to lure the Warriors back across the bay), which makes Hayward look like the bargain of the young century!
                                Last edited by bad hammy; 03-08-2021, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X