Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    What's going to be the best way to get tickets for the World Championships?
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Wow, of all the folks around here I would have expected gh to put in a plug for the T&FN Tours!

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

When we say premium we are talking about thousands...
      How many? I figured a couple Gs or so.

Comment

Are you talking about football season tickets?
        No....a couple of years ago they posted, and I posted here somewhere, how to get premium season tickets at Hayward 2 and the top level was a donation of $50,000....the lowest level 4 was something like $10,000. And plus the costs of the tickets. And it was a large area. Now considering all the officials and whatnot...well good luck...I'm looking at all options.

Yeah I'm surprised gh didn't plug the Tour...I think that is your best bet....unless it is oversold.
        Last edited by Conor Dary; 03-27-2021, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• It sounds like might have been cheaper for you Eugene residents to attend the World Championships in Qatar than the one in your own back yard.

Comment

It sounds like might have been cheaper for you Eugene residents to attend the World Championships in Qatar than the one in your own back yard.
            Possibly...especially since no one went there...but I think some of the temporary seats will be available...at least on a day to day basis...that would be fine.

This is all speculation at this point.

Comment

• TFN Tours are a great way to see major meets like the Olympics and the World Championships. The 2022 World Championship tour with TFN is not sold out right now.

Comment

• It should be noted we got great Trials tickets without donating anything....just a season ticket holder that was cheap to get 2 years ago...of course the WCs are a different kettle of fish...

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post

Wow, of all the folks around here I would have expected gh to put in a plug for the T&FN Tours!
                  there's a firewall between the editorial department and the business side of the operation.

Comment

• Meanwhile in the RG story on the front page....I don't blame the students being pissed off....

University of Oregon seniors facing virtual graduation frustrated by Olympic Trials, track plans

"I just want the (Olympic) trials and graduation to be held at the same standard — so either they both happen or they both don't," said Morgan Leone, a 22-year-old UO senior graduating in June. "And if they both don't, it's unfortunate they couldn't make it happen. (People) worked really hard for both of them, but I would love to see them both happen regardless."

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                      TFN Tours are a great way to see major meets like the Olympics and the World Championships. The 2022 World Championship tour with TFN is not sold out right now.
                      Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleRBar View Post
                        The 2022 World Championship tour with TFN is not sold out right now.
                        That surprises me. I was fully paid as of LAST summer. I think the public sale is gonna be a total craps shoot, so the T&FN Tour is the only sure bet.

Comment

• A couple of the gals at work passed out a little questionnaire today, something to do with birthdays, asking what our favorites are...snack, drink, animal, flower, etc. One was our favorite place in the world. I can't narrow it down to just one, but Eugene would be in the top ten. Got me thinking about the old Hayward, and one of the things I'll miss with the New Hayward is the view from the West Grandstand looking southeast toward the hills and trees of Hendricks Park. First meet there for me (other than 1988 NCAA) was Pre Classic 2010 and IIRC, during the free Friday evening session there were just a few raindrops, a mix of clouds and gray/cobalt-blue sky, and a beautiful yellow-orange light on those hills as the sun sank low behind us in the west. Hard to beat it. (This from the 2016 OT.)

Last edited by DrJay; 04-15-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• DrJay, that pic seems to be looking southeast, not southwest.

Comment

DrJay, that pic seems to be looking southeast, not southwest.
                              Yes, meant that. Fingers/keyboard malfunction.

Comment

• Yes the view south towards Spencer's Butte was pleasant....especially when the temporary stands weren't there..

Comment

Working...
                                X