X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LadyTrackFan View Post
    Royal Key just posted its tour of the facility:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbCzQPfNBR0
    finally got out from under long enough to watch part of this.... wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

finally got out from under long enough to watch part of this.... wow!
      It's great ...but for a public university all that stuff especially the private hair salon for a small group seems rather wierd and bragging about it no less. I can't imagine what a non student athlete thinks, or taxpayers who aren't track fans...Not surprising they are having trouble recruiting students to Oregon which is the point of a college and who are funding the annual maintenance for stuff like this and get zero benefit from it... graduation was yesterday during the meet... which only shows everyone knew none of the students were going to the NCAAs.

I love the new Hayward and glad Oregon has a good team but videos like that seem quite off putting... football facilities are bad enough but at least they make money.

Conor Dary
      Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-13-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

football facilities are bad enough but at least they make money.
        Oh, I think the town will be happy with how much money T&F brings in this year and next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Oh, I think the town will be happy with how much money T&F brings in this year and next year.
          Town is fine for the most part, it is students, most of who don't come from Eugene, or care at all about track, who get screwed but obviously you don't give a shit....or know what I am talking about, to say something like that.

Comment

Town is fine for the most part, it is students, most of who don't come from Eugene, or care at all about track, who get screwed but obviously you don't give a shit....or know what I am talking about, to say something like that.
            You implied only football makes money.

Comment

• I am so impressed with the stadium. One of the nicest sports stadiums that I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to a lot.

Comment

• And the result sheets from shot and hammer qualifying were incredible.

Being able to click on the athletes and bring up a complete detailed bio history as well. Awesome.

Let's hope the Olympics have live results of this quality.

Comment

• Is the water incredibly hot in any of the men's restrooms? I'm nearly burning my hands at times.

Comment

• After watching the NCAAs last week and now the 1st 2 days of the U.S. Trials I'd say the only thing that annoys me about the new stadium is the closed off/cornered area by the 100m start line. It irks me every time I see it. I wish it could've just been a normal tunnel like most stadiums.

Sorry to babble just my architecture background kicks in when I see it. And it's on both the starting point of the home stretch and back stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
                      After watching the NCAAs last week and now the 1st 2 days of the U.S. Trials I'd say the only thing that annoys me about the new stadium is the closed off/cornered area by the 100m start line. It irks me every time I see it. I wish it could've just been a normal tunnel like most stadiums.

Sorry to babble just my architecture background kicks in when I see it. And it's on both the starting point of the home stretch and back stretch.
                      What? It works and looks great.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                        Is the water incredibly hot in any of the men's restrooms? I'm nearly burning my hands at times.
                        Not that I've experienced

Comment

• I'm not terribly happy with my actual seat because it's right the entrance portal, so I had to look through plexiglass at the finish line, and there's a handrail as well that happens to be aligned perfectly with my line of sight for the finish line. Not to mention all of the doddering people going up and down the stairs blocking the view. Of course, it was easily rectifiable yesterday with the stadium half empty. One thing I have to say is that the southern end of the stadium is pretty much out of direct sun the entire day. The backstretch seats are ok midday, but they get pounded by the sun during the hottest part of the day. Reverse is true for the lower west seats.

Comment

• At least in my experience, the crowd there doesn't do the thing I hate the most at track meets: stand up for the finish of the race! If everyone sits, everyone sees.

Comment

What? It works and looks great.
                              Enh. To each their own I guess. I don't like it, feels boxed in. I'll obviously get used to it moving forward.

Comment

• Not track related but article in the Washington Post today on the CAHOOTS program in Eugene.

Calling mental health workers, not police, to deal with mental health crises

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...599_story.html

Comment

Working...
                                X