Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things Not Track forum is closed for a reason

Comment

• I don't know about that ....some athletes get very upset when it doesn't go well at the Trials. I personally know one runner years ago who got so despondent after his final he spent the entire night wandering around Eugene.

Comment

• There is a new bar and restaurant at 15th and Agate.....

https://www.registerguard.com/in-dep...st/5759425001/

Comment

• "This content is only available to subscribers."

Comment

• Try this...

https://housing.uoregon.edu/ducks-house

Comment

• Originally posted by HopStepJump View Post
              I'm not terribly happy with my actual seat because it's right the entrance portal, so I had to look through plexiglass at the finish line, and there's a handrail as well that happens to be aligned perfectly with my line of sight for the finish line. Not to mention all of the doddering people going up and down the stairs blocking the view. Of course, it was easily rectifiable yesterday with the stadium half empty. One thing I have to say is that the southern end of the stadium is pretty much out of direct sun the entire day. The backstretch seats are ok midday, but they get pounded by the sun during the hottest part of the day. Reverse is true for the lower west seats.
              My wife and I really enjoyed our seats (218?) at Pre. Especially that it was mainly out of the 🌞 Not that it was that hot that day.

Comment

• Went to Hayward Hall today...quite an exhibit....

https://hayward.uoregon.edu/hayward-hall

Comment

• With all the trophies, pictures videos it really captures the whole Oregon tradition....another great recruiting tool.

Comment

• I guess I'll check it out next year as I'm sure the competition will too.

Comment

• Oregon has built a most fetching facility, despite Conor's lamentations two years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        Oregon has built a most fetching facility, despite Conor's lamentations two years ago.
                        It was 3 years ago.

It's a great stadium...but as I have stated many times my gripe at the time was there were zero details announced in a last minute plan. Was it going to be a 30,000 which was what IAAF expected? That would have been awful. Now we know the reason for the secrecy was BSing Coe and Company. Nike said we're building a nice intimate 12,500 size stadium and what are you going to do about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                          Oregon has built a most fetching facility, despite Conor's lamentations two years ago.
                          I thought he was going to chain himself to the building as soon as the 2018 NCAA Championships concluded. 😄

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                            I thought he was going to chain himself to the building as soon as the 2018 NCAA Championships concluded. 😄
                            I was definitely pissed at the time....I've seen lots of meets around the world and other than Zurich Hayward was the best. So to just knock it down without any details was bizarre. Tinker Hatfield is about as close to Knight as anyone in Nikeland had no clue and was just as annoyed as me for the reasons I stated.

It all worked out....the new Hayward is gorgeous. The best stadium in the world for any sport and only 3 miles from my house.

Comment

• BTW they appear to be putting up the 'temporary' stands that go on the ramp in the stadium. Not sure if they are permanent or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

The best stadium in the world for any sport and only 3 miles from my house.
                                To each their own but I wouldn't say all that. It's definitely the best track stadium. Overall though I think the new So-Fi Stadium in Los Angeles, home of the Rams and Chargers, is the best new stadium built.

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                                BTW they appear to be putting up the 'temporary' stands that go on the ramp in the stadium. Not sure if they are permanent or not.
                                Looking forward to your pics as that develops.

Comment

Working...
                                X