Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Duck House at 15th and Agate is huge....bar restaurant...at least twice the size of the Wild Duck.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-18-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Also the new seats coming up on the stairs next to the ramp at the north end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        The Duck House at 15th and Agate is huge....bar restaurant...at least twice the size of the Wild Duck.

..]
        and it looks as if it has all the watering-hole ambience of a dentist's waiting room

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

and it looks as if it has all the watering-hole ambience of a dentist's waiting room
          It is primarily a student dining area....so yes the ambiance is lacking.

The bar area is much better. But it isn't the Wild Duck or McManaman's.

But it is right across the street so I can imagine it being very popular on rainy or very hot days at Hayward. During the Trials we parked early near Hayward to get a good spot and hung out at McManaman's until it was time to go. A life saver especially the day it got to 111.
          Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-23-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Meanwhile...with little to do on Thanksgiving Eve...I counted all of the 'temporary seats'...

There are 2652 of them....

So the capacity of Hayward is that plus 12,500 or 15,152.

Comment

Meanwhile...with little to do on Thanksgiving Eve...I counted all of the 'temporary seats'...

As far as I know, that total seating capacity is just over half the minimum supposedly required by World Athletics for a venue to host a World Championships.

Last edited by Davidokun; 11-24-2021, 11:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Indeed....probably why they didn't give any details 3 years ago when the new stadium plan was announced...they weren't worried about the Eugene people. The stadium is ideal for us.
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-25-2021, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• BTW they started selling NCAA tickets yesterday....got mine in the West stands today. Great deal at $34 a day for the 4 day pass.

Comment

Meanwhile...with little to do on Thanksgiving Eve...I counted all of the 'temporary seats'...

You sure you didn't miss one?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post

You sure you didn't miss one?
                      I might have missed a small few....but it was pretty easy and fast to do looking at the maps for seats on sale.

I guessed before even counting it was around 3000....

At coffee Monday someone said they would hold 10,000 which I knew was absurd.

Comment

• See the world-class upgrade at the track and field stadium that birthed Nike

Architecture firm SRG Partnership designed the space to bring fans closer to the action.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90698449...t-birthed-nike

Comment

• I stopped by Hayward Field on my way to Florida. What is the construction happening there now?

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                            I stopped by Hayward Field on my way to Florida. What is the construction happening there now?
                            perhaps the upgraded jumbotron?

Comment

• It must have to do with the 'temporary' seats that are suppose to be where the ramp is. For the WC there are some new blocks added. I counted 2652 additional seats.

I'll stop by next week and ask one of the workers for more details.

Not sure where you put a Jumbotron on the north end.
                              Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-27-2021, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• On Agate I asked a workman what they are building in the north end..a 5200 Sq ft scoreboard. Will be behind the temporary seats

Comment

Working...
                                X