Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops

Comment

• I think to get an idea of what the temporary stands would be.....like adding an end of Autzen Stadium on the turn at the present Hayward Field. Not realistic at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        I think to get an idea of what the temporary stands would be.....like adding an end of Autzen Stadium on the turn at the present Hayward Field. Not realistic at all.
        The problem, in my view, is that the temporary stands aren't going to be added to the end. The illustration we see is with the temp stands on the 2nd level already there, I think.
        Last edited by NotDutra5; 04-26-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• I'm GUESSING part of the huge disconnect we're getting here is that the "artist's rendering" may not look much like what the architect(s) is seeing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
            I'm GUESSING part of the huge disconnect we're getting here is that the "artist's rendering" may not look much like what the architect(s) is seeing.
            Bingo! It's really a pretty mediocre artist's rendering, with only the general shape/form a sure thing. F'rinstance, there's no way they will block part of the video board with seats, as appears to happen in one of the drawings.

Comment

I'm GUESSING......
              Now you got it.....not trying to be rude...but the plans announced are so vague.....a silly tower and somehow 17,000 'temporary' seats...
              Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-27-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Watching the Oregon Twilight meet online. East Grandstand all but empty, at one of the “big” annual meets there. Doesn’t really convince me that a newfangled 13,000 seat stadium is needed.

Comment

• Its cold here in Eugene tonight...

Friday is a lousy time for a meet...Twilight use to always be on Thursday.

Comment

• So it is warm on Thursday nights and not Friday nights? When I was teaching at Oregon State a running joke was "What follows two days of rain in Oregon?" The answer is "Monday".

Comment

• I was going to ask the same thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                        Watching the Oregon Twilight meet online. East Grandstand all but empty, at one of the “big” annual meets there. Doesn’t really convince me that a newfangled 13,000 seat stadium is needed.
                        Ah, but why preserve an historic structure Hat nobody is interested in even using anymore?

Comment

• see story now posted to front page where one guy muses on this all being part of Uncle Phil's legacy project: an Oregon Olympics!

Comment

• Might as well now. In lots of ways it makes more sense than the WC at Hayward...

Comment

see story now posted to front page where one guy muses on this all being part of Uncle Phil's legacy project: an Oregon Olympics!
                              A foolish dream if you ask me, but even more reason to build the new track out by Autzen Stadium where crowds are easier to handle and the ultra-modern design will not look out of place.

Some have mentioned that this design is similar in modernity to the newish Matthew Knight Arena a couple of blocks away from Hayward. What no one mentions is that the Matthew Knight arena is an ugly silver blob that is out of place with its surrounding, sort of like the proposed T&F worm.

And a note for the designers of the new track, this just in: lots of us fans like to sit in the shade when spending hours and hours watching t&f, which is no problem at Hayward. Instead with the new design we have uncovered seats surrounded by a magnifying glass. Not an improvement . . .
                              Last edited by bad hammy; 05-07-2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                                A foolish dream if you ask me, but even more reason to build the new track out by Autzen Stadium where crowds are easier to handle and the ultra-modern design will not look out of place.

Some have mentioned that this design is similar in modernity to the newish Matthew Knight Arena a couple of blocks away from Hayward. What no one mentions is that the Matthew Knight arena is an ugly silver blob that is out of place with its surrounding, sort of like the proposed T&F worm.

And a note for the designers of the new track, this just in: lots of us fans like to sit in the shade when spending hours and hours watching t&f, which is no problem at Hayward. Instead with the new design we have uncovered seats surrounded by a magnifying glass. Not an improvement . . .
                                Right on all counts....building in the Autzen area would be smart....15th and Agate is a dumb place to put a mega stadium. There is zero reason to build this thing there.
                                Unless you want to incorporate the East Grandstand....

Comment

Working...
                                X