X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    To be fair to Nike, Pre only seems to feature heavily in their marketing for t&f in the US. In other sports and in t&f in other countries, he doesn't really figure.
    Yeah....frankly I can't think of anyone better....

Besides they are selling a brand not a sport....I doubt Nike would care if few of the shoppers ever went to Hayward...

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Just a bit of fun, I didn't mean to come across as nasty. Apologies.
    Accepted! 😀
    We have enough 'nasty' with the pandemic already - we can all be resolved to not add to it.
    I sometimes fall short too . . . 😥

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    To be fair to Nike, Pre only seems to feature heavily in their marketing for t&f in the US. In other sports and in t&f in other countries, he doesn't really figure.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Just a bit of fun, I didn't mean to come across as nasty. Apologies.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Indeed....

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Their marketing department need to change it up ...
    How about, "Nike. Glamorising drunk drivers for 45 years" ?
    Or perhaps, "Nike. Supporting plucky 4th-placers since 1975" ?
    Obviously, you don't get it, which is fine, but I'm wondering why you feel the need to be so nasty about it.
    Make KINDNESS, not nastiness, a resolution for the new year.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Their marketing department need to change it up ...

How about, "Nike. Glamorising drunk drivers for 45 years" ?

Or perhaps, "Nike. Supporting plucky 4th-placers since 1975" ?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Meanwhile....Nike is opening their new store in Eugene this month....and you can only guess who the promotional picture is....

I was a huge fan of Pre ....but I've never seen any company or sport live so much in the past...

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Meanwhile, back at Old Hayward Field:

Oregon accepting public proposals for remaining Hayward Field salvage materials

Historic Hayward Field has been torn down and replaced, but that doesn’t mean it’s gone. Not all of it anyway.

Before the old stadium was razed in June 2018, it was stripped clean of everything worth saving and then some.

Much was put into Hayward Hall — a 4,000-square foot museum inside the $200 million new stadium — or sprinkled throughout the new Hayward Field itself or other spots around the University of Oregon campus.

Plenty of pieces remain, however, and Oregon is ready to hand them over to the public — if the offer is right.

Now through Dec. 1, Oregon is accepting proposals on how to best use the remaining salvaged materials in ways that are creative and for the public view.

An advisory committee made up of representatives from several organizations with ties to Hayward Field, the University of Oregon, historic preservation and the Oregon track and field program will determine which proposal or proposals are accepted and where the materials will go.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...ts/5988258002/

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Headline -Will the New Hayward Field Help RECRUITING for All Sports?

https://fishduck.com/2020/10/will-th...or-all-sports/

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Yes....where Agate Street ends just north of Franklin. Very easy walk from Hayward.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-16-2020, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    A half mile north of Hayward across Franklin they built a huge 5 story parking garage.
    Still located south of the river ?

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    A half mile north of Hayward across Franklin they built a huge 5 story parking garage.

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by DrJay View Post
    Not sure this has been posted anywhere yet, but just got an email with future NCAA T&F championship sites....2021 thru 2027 all at Hayward except for 2023 in Austin.
    Yes , I saw that.

Hip, Hip, Hooray for Austin. !!!!!!

Boooooo!!! Hissssss!! for Eugene!!! But, alas, it is what it is. I am just gonna have to get over it. Woe is me.

Leave a comment:

• DrJay
    replied
    Not sure this has been posted anywhere yet, but just got an email with future NCAA T&F championship sites....2021 thru 2027 all at Hayward except for 2023 in Austin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X