X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miketandf
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Just wondering... looking ahead to the OTs and the possibility of a similar situation, is there an indoor facility at/near Hayward that could accomodate a legitimate indoor PV competition?

Other than the practice area under the West stands which I presume could hold a competition....there is no indoor facility anywhere near here.
    Thanks for the response... good to know they may have an option in a needed scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    /HJ/TJ . . maybe even SP?
    No...from what I have seen...pole vault is the only facility under the stands I have heard of.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Just wondering... looking ahead to the OTs and the possibility of a similar situation, is there an indoor facility at/near Hayward that could accomodate a legitimate indoor PV competition?

Other than the practice area under the West stands which I presume could hold a competition....there is no indoor facility anywhere near here.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by miketandf View Post
    is there an indoor facility at/near Hayward that could accommodate a legitimate indoor PV competition?
    /HJ/TJ . . maybe even SP?

Leave a comment:

• miketandf
    replied
    Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Also now with the indoor running area to warm up in the runners come out ready to run. Much nicer.
    At a recent decathlon (April, Spec Towns, GA), the weather was so rainy/bad during the PV, that was there was a long delay in the competition, and an hour or two later, they ended up moving the PV competition indoors... and I'm sure it helped them to achieve a better official/accepted score.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Outside it looks huge...but inside it has a nice intimate feeling. And you could easily sit in the seats all day.

So if you like track, and it's not raining, and wear a sun hat or visor, you will have a fine time.

PS. The scoreboard in the southeast corner is impossible to read in the East Grandstand.....the video is fine but race results and starting lists are illegible...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-08-2021, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    The roof is pretty useless for blocking the sun...

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    I sat in row 6 from the front and the edge of the roof was directly overhead...and so high with any wind at all a lot of seats will get wet.

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    The PDL is gonna be mighty upset they don't have perches over the heads of fans to deposit their, ummm, stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Also now with the indoor running area to warm up in the runners come out ready to run. Much nicer.

Unfortunately the only view of outside Hayward is that old dorm on 15th.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-08-2021, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Finally inside...very impressive..and the seats are great.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    I call BS. I snagged a press pass for the opener and probably sat in 15 different seats since social distancing limited how many could use the PB. They were all ok and damned comfy as well.

That makes more sense....

Leave a comment:

• bruce3404
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    exchange seen on Instagram:

<<How's the new stadium?>>

<<the seats need new hardware. The seatbacks are broken on many seats and it leans all the way back uncomfortably.>>

anybody have any input on that?
    I call BS. I snagged a press pass for the opener and probably sat in 15 different seats since social distancing limited how many could use the PB. They were all ok and damned comfy as well.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    replied
    exchange seen on Instagram:

<<How's the new stadium?>>

<<the seats need new hardware. The seatbacks are broken on many seats and it leans all the way back uncomfortably.>>

anybody have any input on that?
    That's rather comical I must say. The seats have been in place for a year now and only now they find out. I wonder what else is wrong in the place....is the tower going to fall over...

Here is a picture I took almost exactly a year ago....

Last edited by Conor Dary; 04-28-2021, 04:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    I would not want to have to 'splain that to Uncle Phil !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X