Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MtSAC and related So. Cal meets (Azusa Pac Multis etc)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    Yes, I've fixed it. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• thedoorknobbroke
    replied
    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
    Her PB is 1.99 and she did that both in 2006 and 2007. She hasn't yet improved on that yet this season, but the season is young and she just turned 20 this year. I don't know that she'll ever break the AR, but I wouldn't worry about her "little progression" at this point in the season.
    2016 and 2017 I assume

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Vashti Cunningham...question...what is her PB lifetime and does anyone think she will ever threaten the 2.05 American record? Seems like there has been little progression over the last 3 seasons.
    Her PB is 1.99 and she did that both in 2016 and 2017. She hasn't yet improved on that yet this season, but the season is young and she just turned 20 this year. I don't know that she'll ever break the AR, but I wouldn't worry about her "little progression" at this point in the season.
    Last edited by tandfman; 04-25-2018, 01:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thedoorknobbroke
    replied
    Vashti Cunningham...question...what is her PB lifetime and does anyone think she will ever threaten the 2.05 American record? Seems like there has been little progression over the last 3 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    It's never been done on the women's side and, given the timetable, it's not likely to be done this year.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Yes, and it took a superstar to do it.
    Well...we might have another one.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Yes, and it took a superstar to do it.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Herb McKenley of Illinois did it in both 1946 and '47.
    So no one in 70+ years. 👀. Wow....

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by _Jay View Post
    I don’t know if it’s even a goal or if the schedule would allow it, but I’m curious if anyone has ever done the 200m/400m double successfully at NC’s??...
    Herb McKenley of Illinois did it in both 1946 and '47.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    If overall Mt. SAC seemed down this year, imagine how good it would have been if the new digs were available and most of those great marks from Azusa and Long Beach would have been folded in as part of the bigger extravaganza it use to be/will be again.
    Yeah, it’s just a different feel at the temporary location. As much as I appreciate not having to drive WAY out to Walnut....I miss that Mt. Sac mystique. I’m looking forward to the new facilities being completed.

Leave a comment:

• _Jay
    replied
    Fast 400, with Kerley running the 200 or it might have been even a hotter race

Michael Norman 44.53 USC
    Rai Benjamin 44.74 USC
    Paul Dedewo 44.78 Altis
    Kahmari Montgomery 44.91 Houston
    Patrick Blake Leeper 45.05 Unat
    The Collegians especially looked great! Heck of a way to open up the year in the 400m for Norman. First race and he’s faster than he was at his peak last season. If he stays healthy, this year(and beyond) will be special.

I don’t know if it’s even a goal or if the schedule would allow it, but I’m curious if anyone has ever done the 200m/400m double successfully at NC’s?? Norman seems like the perfect candidate to pull it off...he’s prime to run WELL under 20 secs and we know what he can do in the 400m. Would have tough comp in both races though.

As for Benjamin, the transfer seems to have done him a lot good. Huge PR for him as well. Can’t wait to see what he does in the 400H this year after a 48.33 at NCs last season....he has the speed and potential to be Great long hurdler...and I don’t know if there’s been any progress with the paperwork, but he still claimed to be a US Citizen last I heard. Lol. wouldn’t shock me to see him in the mid 47’s this Yr. 👀

Keep an eye on Montgomery. He has been running well for Houston since indoor season after being plagued with injuries last yr at Missouri.
    Last edited by _Jay; 04-23-2018, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    If overall Mt. SAC seemed down this year, imagine how good it would have been if the new digs were available and most of those great marks from Azusa and Long Beach would have been folded in as part of the bigger extravaganza it use to be/will be again.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Apparently a big PR for Alex Young of 76.14 in the Hammer at MtSac.

Leave a comment:

• wamego relays champ
    replied

At Long Beach Taylor had a ~17.2 jump and someone else had something close
    1 Taylor, Christian Nike 17.15m (-0.2) 56-3¼
    17.15m(-0.2) 17.12m(-0.7) 16.36m(0.3) PASS 16.10m(-0.5) PASS

2 Craddock, Omar Chula Vista Elit 17.15m (-0.8) 56-3¼
    17.15m(-0.8) 16.81m(+0.0) FOUL(+0.0) PASS 16.69m(+0.0) FOUL(0.2)

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Jarvis Gotch 8.27/0.8
    The only 8m jumper

Daniel Comenentia had a good meet
    19.67m 19.80m 20.03m 20.00m 19.84m 19.75m
    75.97m (HT) (249-03)
    At Long Beach Taylor had a ~17.2 jump and someone else had something close, while Orji, Franklin and C Cook went 14.33, 14.04w, 13.89
    Davis went 6.63/6/61/6.60, while Sauceda and Hall went 6.48, 6.43 all wind-legal
    Edwards, Southerland (Ore), and Brown went 2:01

Dalilah Muhammad 55.25; Cockrell USC 56.66
    As reported Twanisha Terry 10.99/1.7
    Twanisha Terry 10.99 USC
    Ashley Henderson 11.06 San D. St.
    Jenna Prandini 11.09
    Aaliyah Brown 11.15
    Ariana Washington 11.17 Oregon
    Destinee Brown 11.27
    Brittany Brown 11.28/0.1 Iowa

Leave a comment:

Working...